Find Friends: Surge Owners

myheartsabattleground
myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
edited March 2016 in Social Groups
Please reply with your user profile ONLY.

Replies

• bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Huh...i guess my original post got deleted.
  • FNXHRT
    FNXHRT Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2015
    Day 1.5 of the Fit Bit Surge, this will take some getting used to. messed up the log tonight with the workout should have been under weights for 30 min and treadmill for 30 min interval run any tips or suggestions appreciated www.fitbit.com/user/35BZ82
  • Hi, any reviews of the Surge from users? Its released in UK shortly and I'm considering going from Flex to Surge. I use Runtastic to track my exercise, but think it would be great to have a tracker on my wrist. Any pro's or cons? thanks in advance
  • knel216
    knel216 Posts: 2 Member
    I have a Surge and love it. Key is to hike it up your arm a bit ahead of any serious activity (walking it's fine a finger above wrist bone). Else, you risk it not calculating your HR correctly. So far, so good!
  • LoriA615
    LoriA615 Posts: 1 Member
    Just got mine. I had to exchange a small for a large. It runs really small, especially since you're expected to move it up your arm a bit for exercising.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    I love love love my Surge! I don't do as much cardio, and spend most of my time on the weights. I can get a relatively accurate count of my calories burned during my weight workouts and the app/website keeps track of it. I have not explored everything on the surge yet...waiting for warm weather!
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 203 Member
    feenich wrote: »
    Hi, any reviews of the Surge from users? Its released in UK shortly and I'm considering going from Flex to Surge. I use Runtastic to track my exercise, but think it would be great to have a tracker on my wrist. Any pro's or cons? thanks in advance

Mine arrived yesterday - its not perfect but its certainly a fantastic piece of kit.

There is an excellent review here - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/01/fitbit-surge-depth-review.html - it is very long!
  • drummersinc007
    drummersinc007 Posts: 1 Member
    I got one, hat it for about a month and loved it! There were a few things I didn't like about it. For example, there is not yet GPS tracking for cycling, they don't suggest much water exposure at all, and I have really small wrist and I was constantly getting a hr reading about 50 bpm advice what mine actually was.

Fantastic piece of hardware, but I ended up turning it, to get the Garmin vivoactive. Basically same device but longer battery, can be worn swimming and other water, had cycling tracking, and a few other features I think I might like.
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    I've been a fitbit charge/user for two years and a Surge owner since I upgraded last month. I love it!! I have this continuous fear I will scratch the screen. I felt my Force/Charge was rugged from a scratch resistance standpoint... I am thinking about getting one of those films for over it...
  • Salmfp
    Salmfp Posts: 5 Member
    Yes I get that feeling that I going to scratch the screen as well esp when I was using it on the treadmill and kept hitting the sides! Think I may wear it so the screen is on the other side of my wrist, hopefully the readings will still be ok!
  • CMcD1445
    CMcD1445 Posts: 48 Member
    Salmfp wrote: »
    Yes I get that feeling that I going to scratch the screen as well esp when I was using it on the treadmill and kept hitting the sides! Think I may wear it so the screen is on the other side of my wrist, hopefully the readings will still be ok!

I had the same idea. Today I planned to test it out during my treadmill routine. Keep us posted!
  • Salmfp
    Salmfp Posts: 5 Member
    magic267 wrote: »
    Salmfp wrote: »

I had the same idea. Today I planned to test it out during my treadmill routine. Keep us posted!

I was reading through the guide and it said specifically not to wear the display bit on the inside of the wrist so I thought better not!

I came across this though...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skinomi®-TechSkin-Replacement-Definition-Anti-Bubble/dp/B00P1S1OAG

Looks promising :)
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY SURGE!!! I asked for it as a Birthday present and I've been using it now for five days. It's an amazing tool! It's nice to see your daily stats.
  • Pol3cat
    Pol3cat Posts: 12 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Pol3cat

Just got my surge today and looking forward to playing with it :)
  • IngridGurule91
    IngridGurule91 Posts: 10 Member
    I would love to get the surge! I have a flex is it worth the upgrade if I already have a flex and a Samsung neo watch?