January is almost gone...

Options
Mayra_121
Mayra_121 Posts: 128 Member
Hey there everyone I've noticed that this group has been quiet so I just wanted to share how my month has gone. Unfortunately it hasn't gone great... it seems that I haven't been able to get that kick start I was looking for. I had planned on working out at least 3x a week and then my work schedule got shifted around... And now my apt lease is up, so next week I will be in the process of moving to a new apartment. The plus side of that, is that since I will be doing the move by myself I will no doubt burn some calories next week. Not to mention that both my current apt and new apt are both on second floors. So the other thing that had kind of bummed me out is that last week was my bday and I realized that exactly one year ago I had weighed 35 lbs less...which made me think "oh no how did I get here". But after stating all my excuses I see now where this has gotten me, 35 lbs of weight gain, not feeling as good as a used to feel, my heartburn (which had gone away when I lost weight) is back, and that realization that all the clothes that used to fit me is thrown to the far side of my closet. In conclusion, it is still not too late, I've been where I am before and I KNOW that I CAN make the changes possible to be healthy... It is a matter of how much I want it and what I am willing to DO to make that happen. I didn't gain all this weight back over night... I gained it with EVERY poor decision I made every day. But enough is enough! I have decided that next year on my bday instead of writing a depressing post I want to feel empowered and proud and know how the decision I make today on will have paid off. I don't expect it to be easy, heck I KNOW it won't be, but it is very possible. Will there be bad days? Yeah. Will there be hard days? You bet. But there will be awesome days as well. Days that I truly feel proud of myself for turning down that bacon cheese burger because in my heart I know that I can do better. We are human so of course we will slip up. But the most important part of moving forward is learning from mistakes and getting back up and not losing sight of what is important. So I guess that all that is left to say is... who is with me????