I got my new FitBit ChargeHR

Options
mfpneuro
mfpneuro Posts: 13 Member
I plan to invite those on the regular FitBit Group for specific discussions on ChargeHR. This may take a day or so to get the word out. If you know anyone, please invite them. And also feel free to start a discussion on any particular aspect of the ChargeHR. :)

Replies

• appelcline
    appelcline Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using my ChargeHR for a few months now, but just today linked it up with MyFitnessPal, which is new to me. Since I'm new to the site, I'm still finding my way and am not sure how I'm going to combine the two. For example, will it confuse things if I use the automatic "exercise mode" on my Fitbit (where you push the button to start/end a specific exercise session) instead of or in addition to logging exercise on MFP? Have you learned any tricks or things to watch out for?
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Just got a charge HR on Saturday! I love it, but don't have anything to compare it to either.
    Love the workout function. I feel like it gives me calorie burns I can trust.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @appelcline I stopped logging exercise on MFP & just let it all import from Fitbit. The MFP burns are so generic. For instance, I take a 90 minute yoga class at the Y on Sunday's. It is pretty chill. I like that deep stretch. MFP gave me 258 calories for that class but Fitbit said more like 116 based on my low heart rate throughout. I think fitbit is more on point. I also turned off the phone step counter.