Minamlist stronglift/ net calories?

Options
Hello -
Love the advice on here and feeling great about getting going.

I just started the minimalist strong lift program on Saturday (no gym access - but I do have a barbell) so this will let me get going with some lifting and built up till I can. (Can't believe how sore my bum & legs are after 1 session!!)

Is anyone out there doing this as well and getting good results?

Love seeing the results and the positive feedback in this group and I really excited to lift heavy!.

Quick question:-

I only have a few pounds to go weight wise I'm 5ft 6 & 1/2 and 133lbs so I've set my goal to 1640 NET
I walk between 5-7miles daily and will lift 3 times a week). I sit on my bum the rest of the time and my fit bit estimates I burn 2100 - 2340 a day.

Famous question: but does this seem an ok calorie goal? for letting me get strong?
, ratios are 35% carbs/35% protein/30% fat

Weighted in today and won't do it again for 2 weeks as I know water will attach itself to me to left my muscles heal and repair.

So excited!!! bring on the muscles

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Do you just have the barbell or do you have a rack as well?

As for your calories, to be honest I would only go to about a 10% cut of TDEE. You will find that you will progress better on your lifts with more food plus I bet that once you start to see your body change shape you really won't care too much about those couple of pounds :)
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    Cheers Vegas baby - I am so excited to get strong and get some muscle definition! I did insanity last year, didn't lose a lb but loved how my shape changed.

So focusing on that right now - strong, heavy, lift :-) feel a bit excited to not focus so much on weighing myself and focus instead on how heavy I am going to lift to.

Love this group - thanks for getting back to me.

p.s no rack - if I am making good progress, there is a gym near by I can head to - just slightly put off by their "get toned" chat - I wanna get strong.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    No problem! Glad to help!

I started out with just my bench and my oly barbell set. I used rubbermaid totes stacked up on each side as my "rack" it worked well until about 100lbs and then it wasn't as stable as it needed to be :laugh: Luckily I got my rack right at that point and haven't looked back since!
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    :-)

Cheers vegas baby!