SOS shout out Sundays

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, so what did you learn or victory you want to share this week?

Replies

• ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If i deviate from exercise plan or life gets in the way, getting back to it is URGENT!!! otherwise tend to lolly gag tooloo long doing minimal needed. I say to me...come on biggest loser..get your butt in gear.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Invariably, if it's not one thing that goes wrong it's another ( a discussion I had with Super Trainer this week about how for both of us , every time we get things working for one of us, something happens to derail us.)
    That the Dr Sholls active inserts for shoes, while good for cushioning, put your foot in a position that causes blisters and makes the shoes way too tight across the toes for exercise walking/jogging.
    And that I'm signing up for Flavor Run today
  • tmink85
    tmink85 Posts: 5
    Options
    Always check the condition of your shoes before a long walk. I came home with blisters and needing a new pair of walking shoes. :grumble:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    As of yesterday I'm dumbbell bench pressing more than I used to barbell bench press back when I was lifting all the time in high school, 20+ years ago.
  • threadlove
    threadlove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the loop this week because my husband was off work. His vacation means double duty for me. I should get back on track by mid week.

Despite the schedule disruption I managed to stay within my calorie goal and get daily exercise. My food choices weren't always the best, but I did moderate the portions.

The good news is I'm down 3.5lbs this week. Last week I lost .1 so there's a trend. One week almost nothing, the next week 3 lbs. That works for me now that I've figured it out!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I learned that eating more whole foods will eventually make some junk food less appetizing to me. Today I tried to have canned corn beef and hash, which has over 2000 mg of sodium in a can, and could only eat a few bites because I found it too salty. I used to be able to eat an entire can of it in one sitting (I last had it in December).
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, as I am learning to exercise, eat healthy in my stressful life at this time period I discovered when we played basketball at work during our lunch break I learned I need more 'fun' physical exercise along with official "yes you gotta do cardio and lift wts" exercise.
    So, I need to play fun games like shooting hoops, hoola hoop, ride bikes etc. roller skate to get in other types of physical activity.
  • pesigrandi
    pesigrandi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This week I've learned that a small amount of coconut oil makes leafy vegetables taste better and I try to eat a lot of them. In my book coconut oil is as good as olive oil health wise.