Goals

Options
Tjololo12
Tjololo12 Posts: 6 Member
Anyone have any goals they wanna put in here? I'd like to get down to around 160lb or so, wouldn't really wanna go too much higher than 170. Looking like it's around 34lb I need to lose, gotta start somewhere right?

Replies

• roxybates78
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs. I wouldn't mind more, but that is my starting goal. I tend to hold all my weight in my middle. Which really sucks.

I also have a goal to walk on my treadmill for at least 30 minutes a day on the weekdays.
  • Syphers
    Syphers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to around 220lbs. It's the weight I was at when I was playing college basketball about 10 years ago. I'm at around 295lbs. right now. Hopefully I can get down to my target goal over time. Just wanted to join a group where there were other link minded people to help motivate each other. Also I am Seven6Five on MTF. Haven't really posted on there at all. I have had an account for about over a year, just pop in from time to time.
  • DaffydvonAtzinger
    Options
    Soldan here.

I'm at 227. I wanna get down to 185 or so.
  • monicasfp
    monicasfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal is less of a weight one and more body fat - I'm looking to getting to be about 20-22% depending on how it looks on my body! My estimated weight would be ~130 for my 5'6" frame :D
  • C4blows
    Options
    Hey, guys. I just found this particular forum from Monica on mturk forums. I'm currently on my way to becoming a certified personal trainer, at the moment I just have a certificate as I switched which organization I wanted to deal with. Anyways, my goal is to do online consultations for people looking to lose weight and get fit. At the moment, I'm just trying to get as much experience as possible, so if anyone is interested in completely free advice, meal plans/ideas, or understanding the general science behind efficient weight loss and exercise, just message me on here, or on mturk. I have the same username. There are alot of myths, and inefficient ways people try to lose weight that have become mainstream norms, so my goal is just to educate as many people as possible, so that they can then educate other people, and eventually we have a world full of fit, healthy people.
  • monicasfp
    Options
    C4blows wrote: »
    Hey, guys. I just found this particular forum from Monica on mturk forums. I'm currently on my way to becoming a certified personal trainer, at the moment I just have a certificate as I switched which organization I wanted to deal with. Anyways, my goal is to do online consultations for people looking to lose weight and get fit. At the moment, I'm just trying to get as much experience as possible, so if anyone is interested in completely free advice, meal plans/ideas, or understanding the general science behind efficient weight loss and exercise, just message me on here, or on mturk. I have the same username. There are alot of myths, and inefficient ways people try to lose weight that have become mainstream norms, so my goal is just to educate as many people as possible, so that they can then educate other people, and eventually we have a world full of fit, healthy people.

That sounds great. What would you say, in your opinion, are the biggest myths? What are the ways people are dieting inefficiently? :)
  • ashleym1092
    Options
    I am turkingit on mtf. I would like to lose around 80 to 90 pounds. I lost 60 before I got pregnant and gained about half of it back so I want to lose all that and more.
  • evelinacy
    evelinacy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Sabanas on mtf. I mostly just want to get back to exercising at least 5x a week. Somehow when I was working full time I managed to do it, but now that I'm home most of the time I struggle to get it done. I'd like to lose a little weight, and I need to concentrate on eating better. On the total vanity end of things, I want some definition in my arms.
  • C4blows
    Options
    monicasfp wrote: »

That sounds great. What would you say, in your opinion, are the biggest myths? What are the ways people are dieting inefficiently? :)

Well, for one the idea that counting calories is an efficient way to lose weight and to keep it off. I know we went over this in the mturk forum, but the whole discussion was not very efficient, thanks to everyone basically yelling over everyone else, haha. The idea that calories in=calories out, and you will automatically lose weight is an over simplification, and not correct, scientifically proven. The law of thermodynamics, simply states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So why then does everyone assume that excess energy that you put into your body (calories) must be turned into fat? That last part is not a law, its a theory, and that theory is incorrect on its own, science supports this. Hormones, like insulin, play a huge role in determining fat retention. High amounts of blood sugar, trigger a significant insulin response which causes our bodies to retain body fat for most people. So 200 calories of broccoli, is not the same as 200 calories of bagels. The insulin response is a big variable, as it determines what your body will do with its stored fat.

I kind of want to go very slow here, I'm trying to learn what went wrong in the other forum, and jumping around with 50 statements didnt help anything there haha. So please, state any questions, or comments.
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose another 150 pounds >.> I'm fat. (But less fat than I was. So there is that.) But that's my long term goal. current mini goal (under 300) should be met this Wednesday :open_mouth: (And then next mini goal is 275)

I'm not on MTF much anymore so HAHA (Jaded on MTG)
  • Tjololo12
    Options
    BTW: I added a new thread for Nutrition information and debate, so as not to clutter up the goals thread. Please take discussion over here.
  • monicasfp
    Options
    AmbyrJayde wrote: »
    My goal is to lose another 150 pounds >.> I'm fat. (But less fat than I was. So there is that.) But that's my long term goal. current mini goal (under 300) should be met this Wednesday :open_mouth: (And then next mini goal is 275)

I'm not on MTF much anymore so HAHA (Jaded on MTG)

That's great! Good job!
  • WolfHeart1
    Options
    I'm LittleWolfDreamer from MTF and and my goals are weird and ambiguous.

First, I want to be able to do the 100 burpee challenge. That's 100 burpees a day for 100 days. I can't even do 10 pushups, let alone 100. (A burpee incorporates a pushups and various other movements that end in a jump.)

Second, I want to get rid of my fatigue. I never eat enough so I know that's one cause. So is my love for cheese. I am a little lactose intolerant. So there I'll be working on limiting lactose and increasing calories.

Third, I want to fluctuate about 5 pounds more than I do. My usual low is 115 and I want it to be 120.
  • mturkbobbie01
    Options

Well, this explains your knowledge in the discussion we had yesterday :D
  • mturkbobbie01
    Options
    As you can see, I put my forum name as my name here. My goal is to loose 50 pounds. I joined WW a couple of weeks ago. I like the accountability that a meeting gives me. Really what I love are the attaboys I get when I lose. I love food and I love to cook so it's always a struggle.
  • C4blows
    Options
    As you can see, I put my forum name as my name here. My goal is to loose 50 pounds. I joined WW a couple of weeks ago. I like the accountability that a meeting gives me. Really what I love are the attaboys I get when I lose. I love food and I love to cook so it's always a struggle.

Cooking your own meals, is a great way to get to that goal!

One tip I would also throw out, is to get a cheap measuring tape, and measure your waist line. An even easier method (although, slightly less accurate) is to find a pair of tight pants that barely fit, and track your progress with that. Using a scale has some advantages, but it doesn't account for the type of weight that is lost or gained. For most people, your waistline is mostly fat, so you don't need to worry about potential muscle loss variables with measuring the waist.
  • Tjololo12
    Options
    So Fiancee and I just found a new goal for ourselves: We're going to run the Color Vibe 5k in either April or September (April is Washington DC, September is Manassas, we haven't decided which yet). My goal is to be capable of running an entire 5k without breaks before April, even if we're going in September.

Step 1: Buy shoes XD
  • mturkbobbie01
    Options

Cooking your own meals, is a great way to get to that goal!

One tip I would also throw out, is to get a cheap measuring tape, and measure your waist line. An even easier method (although, slightly less accurate) is to find a pair of tight pants that barely fit, and track your progress with that. Using a scale has some advantages, but it doesn't account for the type of weight that is lost or gained. For most people, your waistline is mostly fat, so you don't need to worry about potential muscle loss variables with measuring the waist.

We NEVER eat out. I cook/prepare every meal, every day so that part is easy. We eat mostly very healthy but my weakness is sweets. Right now I am nursing a bum ligament in my foot/ankle so I can't do anything but sit or lay down. It's driving me crazy. Good idea about the measurements! I'll do that today.
  • mturkbobbie01
    Options
    TJ, that's a great goal!! Good luck! Running in DC, in April, would be gorgeous...cherry blossoms etc. April/May are my favorite times in DC.