Update us on your progress!

Options
bwogilvie
bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
Hi all - not much traffic on this forum! If you're still around, how about a progress update?

I'll start: I weighed 214.8 lb. when I started MFP on Jan. 7, 2013. One year later, I weighed 168.6 lb. (46.2 lb. loss). On my 2-year MFP anniversary, I was at 150.9 (17.7 lb. loss for the year, 63.9 lb. total). The 2014 and 2015 weights are actually the exponentially smoothed moving average weight. I gained a little weight over the holidays each year (a pound or so) but took it off fairly quickly in January 2014. I was just under 150 at the end of this December but put on some water weight after surgery a couple weeks ago; once that comes off I'm aiming to maintain around 150.

Anyone else care to follow up? I hope you're closer to your goals than you were when you joined, or that you've reached them.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I've logged 800+ days straight, lost the weight, and maintained for more than six months.

I credit MFP, my activity trackers (Fitbit + Jawbone UP), and the MetaFilter team at Health Month: http://www.healthmonth.com/teams/462
  • aplumblarrick
    aplumblarrick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A year late... I'm 144.x right now and probably 27% body fat. I want to get EITHER below 140 or to 20% body fat, whichever comes first.
  • edklavine
    edklavine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting this (after 2 years , over which I gained 15 lb (yikes!)) at 198; just bought a jawbone UP, want to get down to 165 very gradually, but will take any improvement.
  • bongocats
    bongocats Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained the same 10-15 pounds at least three times over the past several years. Now I'm the heaviest I've ever been, partly due to some uncontrollable binge eating from last year into this year. HOWEVER, I was diagnosed with ADHD last month and now I'm on medication. I'm thinking -- and I hope I'm right -- that losing the weight and keeping it off will be easier this time and I won't be fighting against myself so much. Still, I find it discouraging to have 20+ pounds to lose when I'm only 5' tall, and I'm so tired of a lot of my clothes not fitting or feeling horrible in them. Anyway, third day back on MFP and I am starting a streak!
  • arcticwoman
    arcticwoman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting, after losing the same 20 lbs over and over again. I'm 235lbs and want to get to 190 (-45lbs) in six months. I want to get pregnant again and I can't survive another pregnancy at this weight. Doing low-carb with my wife: grilled meat and veggies. Yum!