2015 Roll Call!

Options
kodiakke
kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
Hey everyone! It seems a theme that this board isn't very active, but maybe with the start of the new year, there are more people on here! What are your fitness goals for this year? What great hiking trails have you found? I'm looking for fun ways to exercise that don't include the gym! Anyone else have a kayak and know cool places to launch?

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's funny because I know there are SD peeps around :) My favorite trails are up by the sunshine hwy (22), I don't remember any names but any of the ones with cool views that meet up with the Pacific Coast Trail are awesome!

I do videos at home - my #1 goal is to not get injured, #2 is to lose weight and #3 is to gain some muscle. I suppose when I get around to #3 I'll have to head back to the gym but in the meantime I'm enjoying NOT going.
  • kodiakke
    Options
    Which videos? I found some YouTube ones, blogilates, that I liked. I hear you on not getting injured. Took me a while to figure that one out. Doh!
  • sofaking6
    Options
    On youtube I like Jessica Smith, I also like Kelly Coffey-meyer on DVDs because she does more weight lifting with a little cardio whereas most "circuit training" ones are mostly cardio with a little weights.

Maybe I should check blogilates out again, people keep bringing it up but I didn't like the one video I looked at.
  • kodiakke
    Options
    Not many active SD people on here, I guess that means they're all out being active in RL!
  • sdguy2002
    sdguy2002 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    lol.. Its hard for me to be active on here.. will be more now that i got my fitbit but just so many social media things a lot fall through the cracks. Easier if we had a meet up to know each other and push each other better
  • kodiakke
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to organise something, if there's enough interest.
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Present :)
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    hi there! :)
  • asm2014
    asm2014 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hello!
  • kodiakke
    Options
    Hello people! Yay, there are more of us! Have you guys been busy enjoying the lovely weather we have been getting?

Is there any interest in some sort of get-together for local SD folks!
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be hiking more and more starting, oh, yesterday in prep for my annual Mt. Whitney hike. I try to mix up the trails but end up doing a ton of Mission Trails (closest to me). Hoping to get down to 190 again (or around there).

San Diego seems to have missed the winter season... 80 in February? Nuts!
  • kodiakke
    Options
    Yeah, I'm doing Laguna Mountains this weekend. Trying to get more hiking in and hoping it's COLDER, otherwise I'll be burning... Mission Trails I haven't done too much of; it's so close I want to keep those for more lazy days, so to speak. Any favourite trails there?
  • sofaking6
    Options
    I'm in for any flat-type hiking as my gamey knee can handle going up but can't really handle the back down part :)

Sounds like a couple of nice days coming up but wow it has been hot. And all of my friends from back east (MN) are so miserably cold & buried...
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hello! My main goals are to lose weight and to be able to pick up and carry my grandson as he grows. Well, at least until he doesn't need me to carry him around any more.

I do use a gym. It is convenient and I don't have to worry about the risk of skin cancer as much since it runs in my family. We use Balboa Park often for outdoor activities.
  • bppointer
    bppointer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am in Escondido, I have been active in here for a few yrs, but haven't been checking out this page for a while. As most of the teams pages in here that I checked into seem pretty quiet before. I worked off 30 lbs in 2013 when I started, but slowly started to put some back on. So I am working to get it back off. I mostly exercise in my home or in my neighborhood doing a lot of walking and other stuff.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hello San Diego! :)
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    JanetteBradleyMahnken Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hello, I haven't been getting the notices for any of my teams in here either. So I will try to redo my preferences for that and see if I start getting notices again.
  • sealsmommy
    sealsmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyome!!! can't believe I have been apart of this group for so long and never introduced myself.
  • ashlykc
    ashlykc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group, anyone in north county/ Oceanside? Working out @24 & Mottino YMCA, would like to make a workout pal or two!