Welcome

Options
hlvarey
hlvarey Posts: 6 Member
I am form the BabyCentre.ca boards, and struggling with my own wieght issues and now pregnant. Here is a place to gain support, share empowering stories, short falls, and join forces to keep us all motivated.

Add members to your feed to keep up to date and stay motivated. Share questions and tips. And get to know a few woman in the same situation!

Replies

• hlvarey
    Options
    Interesting article on how many calories to eat during pregnancy. As MFP states - it is always good to check with your Doc or Nutritionist regarding how many calories are right for you.

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/eating-well/pregnancy-diet/calories.aspx
  • pxlgrl
    pxlgrl Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey there,

Thank you for creating this group! I'm not sure I'll keep up with this but thought I would give it a try. After my first pregnancy I injured my knee and have not fully recovered. I haven't been able to stay as active as I would like but, I can keep trying. Some of the activities I do (would like to do) are:
    -walk once a week with a friend and our babies for about an hour
    -bellydance practice about 45 minutes once a week
    -bootcamp once a week for one hour (I haven't been since before christmas but I'm going to go on saturday)
    -boxing bootcamp once a week for 55 mins (I just signed up and am going to go to this tonight)
    Both my bootcamps are for plus sized people so they aren't as scary as they might sound. I would also like to try and get a little 20-30 minute walk in on the days I don't have activities planned.
    So those are my bigggggggg plans. Wish me luck at making it happen, lol!
  • hlvarey
    Options
    I have been too tired to even consider activity yet. I am only 8 weeks, so hoping that in the second trimester i can get a routine going. Right now all I want is pizza and sleep....
  • finally_klarity
    finally_klarity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Glad to have found this group. I'm 5 weeks away from my due date. My weight gain has been within the healthy range, however, I want to get back on track with regards to having a high raw diet with minimal animal product. During my pregnancy, I have had issues with having no hunger. I'm currently at a 20lb weight gain in 35 weeks. I'll proberbly gain another 5lbs and then I want to be held accountable for my clean eating lifestyle.
  • finally_klarity
    finally_klarity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hlbrent wrote: »
    I have been too tired to even consider activity yet. I am only 8 weeks, so hoping that in the second trimester i can get a routine going. Right now all I want is pizza and sleep....

Oh, you're still in the "coma" phase of the first trimester. The tiredness should start to go away around week 12. Though, everyone is different and the fatigue could lift up sooner or a little later. I know that walking sometimes helped me but I can totally related to having my bed as my best friend.
  • cvbolden83
    cvbolden83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this group, as well. I'm newly pregnant (7 weeks) with my first. I'm already overweight and would like to create a better and healthier lifestyle for my baby, my husband, and myself. I could use all the support I can get. Working full-time makes it difficult to get the energy up to actually be more active. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
  • theonlysheesha
    theonlysheesha Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am only recommended to gain11-20 lbs my whole pregnancy. I haven't gained any yet but I am only 9 weeks. I have many more to go. I want to stay healthy hard part right now is I am sick to my stomach most of the time and when I am not at work I just want to lie in bed.
  • leahrae75
    leahrae75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am newly pregnant, are you able to adjust settings for being pregnant on my fitness pal?
  • theonlysheesha
    Options
    I don't know I just put mine to maintain
  • amandalynn636
    amandalynn636 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am pregnant with my 3rd, and VERY overweight. My doctor actually advised me to lose weight. I've lost 3 lbs. So far, but I'm only 10 weeks along :/
  • theonlysheesha
    Options
    I don't know about losing weight while pregnant. Maybe see a nutritionist, that might help and ask the doctor what should be your recommended calories.
  • amandalynn636
    amandalynn636 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anyone have suggestions on where to find decent looking (and decently priced)plus size maternity clothes?
  • theonlysheesha
    Options
    Anyone have suggestions on where to find decent looking (and decently priced)plus size maternity clothes?

No I wish. But I have no clue maybe try discounted stores like ross. I heard they have some, but I haven't bought any clothes yet but I am only 12 weeks and 4 days so I still fit into my clothes at this point. I Wil be trying there first
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm pregnant with my second and kinda scared about my and the baby's health (I'm 6 weeks). I lost 60lbs before I got pregnant with my first (still considered overweight at that point) and unfortunately gained it all back between my pregnancy and trying to breastfeed (milk didn't go up, but the weight did, ha). Been trying to lose the weight since, lost 10lbs of the original 60. I go for a confirmation on Monday w/ my Dr and I'm going to ask him about my calorie intake because I don't want to gain weight, but rather maintain/lose (if possible).

Glad I found this group and hope to get to know y'all some more :)<3<3
  • dkwahine
    dkwahine Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in my mid 30s and pregnant with my 1st child. I'm 8 1/2 weeks along and am having a great deal of difficulty eating. I've only gotten sick twice, but anytime I eat I feel like a log is sitting in my stomach and it wants to come up. This lasts a couple hours. TERRIBLE!!! I've lost 9 pounds (which is okay since I carry over 100 extra pounds of weight) and am concerned abt my low caloric intake.

Any suggestions? I'm able to eat abt 1/2 cup of food at a time and it's best if it's soup or in liquid-like form. The smell of foods, spices, herbs and odors makes me so very nauseous. What are some foods you've found to be easily digested and that aren't overly smelly?