Making the COMEBACK.

Options
mrsKOrtiz
mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
I don't know how you guys have been doing thus far but I fell off the wagon for nearly 2 weeks. I'm getting back on track slowly but I would love some support!

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    Options
    You only fail, if you quit, right?
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our days (or weeks) The first few weeks go great... then for whatever reason we go right back into old habits. I struggle with this constantly. As I'm sitting here eating gold fish... I've had like 60 so far. lol But you know what, I'm going to log it! And I'm probably going to be over in my calories. But, it's about taking responsibility, and moving on. It's about being conscious about EVERYTHING that goes into our mouths too. I have a habit of just snacking on whatever and whenever... and sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it! But, I know that's a problem I have and I have to just be aware. Baby steps... and one day at a time ;-) And yes! You only fail if you quit!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    We are now a month in and yes, the hype of the new year resolution is past me, but i will try to make this work even if I have good and bad days. Such is life. I just promised myself that I will give my best this year and I will give my best. With ups and downs :)
  • Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck mrsKOrtiz! I join you in the falling-off-the-waggon-catching-on fate - though I noticed what got me really frustrated is not to see a weight loss after the second week and then I really messed it up for a week. I adjusted my calorie goals now to see 1 kg weight loss per week, not just 1 pound and started to eat back only half of my excersize calories. Funny thing is, suddenly it seems to work and I don't even feel like starving. So experimenting a bit is definitely worth it and for sure we will all have our ups and downs, no worries!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 484 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    :# I've not had a good month, January is a wash. All I can do is start anew with the new month coming. My husband and I just got a Total Gym. I figure it's got to be better than what I've been doing so far, now to get my diet in gear. Will be weighing in tomorrow, I know it will be ugly
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Allow me to suggest that a "New Year's resolution" is nothing more than a flimsy custom. *gasp*

Resolutions are goals. And it's scientific fact that those who go through life with goals are more successful, so I'm certainly advocating having goals. But New Year's resolutions are flawed, because most people can't effectively sustain their focus on an objective that is so far off in the distance.

So: Break your goal-setting into smaller chunks.

You know what's coming very soon? February.
    I set a January resolution, and I nailed it.
    I have a February resolution too, and I'm excited about it.
  • AmandaStrickland1
    AmandaStrickland1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    Allow me to suggest that a "New Year's resolution" is nothing more than a flimsy custom. *gasp*

Resolutions are goals. And it's scientific fact that those who go through life with goals are more successful, so I'm certainly advocating having goals. But New Year's resolutions are flawed, because most people can't effectively sustain their focus on an objective that is so far off in the distance.

So: Break your goal-setting into smaller chunks.

You know what's coming very soon? February.
    I set a January resolution, and I nailed it.
    I have a February resolution too, and I'm excited about it.

Great point! Thank you.
  • TracyeS4
    TracyeS4 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! We are here for you.
  • Farmgirlfit85
    Farmgirlfit85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like that idea too! My February goal is to only weigh myself once per week. This will be hard for me because I have been obsessed with weighing myself every day.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate...I did really well until mom came to visit, then it was out to lunch, some chips and cookies in the house, mexican for dinner. Oh well, 1 week off my great food choices but hey, I logged it all. Before I wouldn't have even thought about how many chips I was eating or if I got a burger for lunch. My January goal is logging every day (NAILED IT!!! One whole month and here I am lol). My February goal is plant based diet (one day at a time is how I am going about that and we will see what happens). Off the wagon for 2 weeks isn't failure! You are here, you are back, and you are going for it! Happy to be here, happy to support you....let's get you to your goal!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @‌BDonjon
    My goals weren't surrounded with the fact that it is the beginning of the year. I do monthly goals. I side tracked but I am back on it. It was NEVER a "New Year's Resolution" thing.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I can always count on you all to help me get back up!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @MrsK
    I wasn't specifically targeting you, though you did mention the "R" word.
    (Edit: No you didn't, that was someone else. So I REALLY wasn't talking about you.)

Too many people go into a new year thinking "this year is going to be different," and to an extent society encourages this. So I'm really blaming society.

I'm only suggesting that everyone go into each new MONTH (not year) asking themselves "How will this month be different? How will this month be better?"

By renewing your goals monthly, you can attack the damage that your carelessness (and by this I mean the poor eating and lack of exercise we all know is counter-productive but have done anyway) has caused every 31 days--instead of every 365.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    @MrsK
    I wasn't specifically targeting you, though you did mention the "R" word.
    (Edit: No you didn't, that was someone else. So I REALLY wasn't talking about you.)

Too many people go into a new year thinking "this year is going to be different," and to an extent society encourages this. So I'm really blaming society.

I'm only suggesting that everyone go into each new MONTH (not year) asking themselves "How will this month be different? How will this month be better?"

By renewing your goals monthly, you can attack the damage that your carelessness (and by this I mean the poor eating and lack of exercise we all know is counter-productive but have done anyway) has caused every 31 days--instead of every 365.

I like this idea. In fact, I have set up some February goals. Thanks.
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've had a similar struggle. I lost a lot of weight the first few weeks and now I gained a pound and kept it on. This week I did a lot of exercise. I did weightlifting, yoga, kickboxing, and 4 hours of hooping classes. I've been stress eatting. Not counting calories everyday. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling. I was ready to quit the group almost.
  • TracyeS4
    Options
    I've had a similar struggle. I lost a lot of weight the first few weeks and now I gained a pound and kept it on. This week I did a lot of exercise. I did weightlifting, yoga, kickboxing, and 4 hours of hooping classes. I've been stress eatting. Not counting calories everyday. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling. I was ready to quit the group almost.

Don't quit! Everybody struggles sometimes. Just keep pushing forward. It looks like you are getting a lot exercise in. Good job!
  • aconiam77
    aconiam77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't quit!! I think everyone goes through the same ups and downs. I was doing great, down 8 lbs, then somehow gained back 4 .. It sucks, but we just need to refocus and keep at it. Good luck everyone!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The good thing about a lifestyle change is that if you make a mistake, you can get right back on track, no sense dwelling! This is going to be a GREAT week :-))
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've stuck with it and lost a pound. I am really focusing on my calories now. I am back on track. Thanks for your encouragement everybody.