CABIN 1 open discussion

Options
Cabin 1 Campers feel free to openly get to know one another or discuss challenge topics here.

Replies

• freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    What's up Cabin One!!!
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    Not much yet. Still waiting for a few people to check in with weights, etc. Haven't had anyone volunteer to be the counselor yet. And wondering if we want to be called Cabin 1 or if we want to come up with a unique name...lol.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Hey! Cabin 1 Campers! Wake up! lol

Let's get some chatter going on in here. :)

Emily, Susan, Kate, ekatlikhterova and jacksagod.

Camp Director and fellow Camper Donna
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i'm awake (hears bugle next to head)
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    I'm glad you are! Btw can you share your "real" name jacksagod? I think we are the only two active in this group. I'll probably be kicking some people out of camp and reassigning campers in the next few days. :)
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    sorry, i am in and out often.. plus the phone app doesnt let me in the groups. My name is Megg, ready to lose my god-daughter in weight.
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    sorry, i am in and out often.. plus the phone app doesnt let me in the groups. My name is Megg, ready to lose my god-daughter in weight.

No problem, Magg! Glad you found your group. They say the new app let's you see the groups, but it supposedly has all kinds of kinks yet. I haven't checked into it. My phone has the regular internet on it though, also, so I saved the group as a Favorite. It's still rather annoying because the size has to constantly be adjusted for reading, etc., though.

I will be the counselor for this group, so you can email me anytime. And I'll make sure anything important gets posted on the wall if I can. :)

Camp Director Donna
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    A few unresponsive campers have been sent home and a few new ones have been assigned to this group. Please "friend" the new people and help make them welcome!

Camp Director Donna (and counselor for this group)
  • PrajnaFaux
    PrajnaFaux Posts: 45
    Options
    Good Morning, and thanks for adding me to the group!
  • PrajnaFaux
    Options
    So I went back over my week (I keep an activity journal as part of our homeschool learning record) and I've completed all the Weekly Challenges except Healthy Eating Day so far. I'm not much for trying new recipes. I tend to make the same foods every month, so I'll have to pull out some cookbooks and start browsing. I have a recipe for Garbanzo Curry I've been wanting to try for a while but keep forgetting to put the beans on to soak early enough.

Here's what I have so far:

Healthy Eating Day-
    Family Day-6/4-played with Nathaniel in the pool
    Water Day-6/4-Went to Splash Kingdom
    Music Appreciation Day-6/3-Listened to and meditated on the words to Britt Nicole's "Gold" album while walking
    Sports Day-6/5-Walked a 5-K
    Community Day-6/2-Took care of the front flower bed at our local community garden
    Meet New Friends Day-6/7-Introduced myself on the group

Since I'm just starting I haven't done either the Morning or Evening things, but have gotten 6 points so far for the cardio/calorie challenge.
  • Jullessi
    Jullessi Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi I am Julesi, starting weight 185 lbs , summer goal 164. I am fairly active but always need a bit more encouragement so feel free to heckle lol. I am a newbie so away to read the rules!
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Still waiting for a few people to check in here. I know emilykins13 was having computer issues, haven't heard from ekatlikhterova other than initial weight, and don't having any info for newcomer happysilverpop. Thanks jacksagod, Jullessi and prajnafaux for your info.

I'll be looking for your totals for this week. Prajnafaux let me know if you get the healthy eating part in.

Remember if you do healthy eating you get one point; if you share the recipe under the Recipe discussion and tell us why it's healthy, you earn another point.

I've been a little lax myself this week. I'm a bit overwhelmed with organizing all this, work, and preparing for out of town company next week.

I've managed to get in my three daily points each day this week, but so far the only weekly ones I've done have been Make New Friends, Water, Family and today will be Healthy Eating. I also completed the surprise challenge, which since I'm the one who sets it up, wasn't such a surprise for me...lol.

I'll check back here later and probably send out an email this evening to those I have questions about or haven't heard from.

Donna
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    NMCP Cabin 1 only: One of the weekly activities this week is a Counselor's Choice. So here goes... Name three things you like about yourself! I'll start: 1) I like my hair when it's freshly washed and curled...it's the longest it's ever been! 2) Although my hubby says I'm anal and I say I'm detail oriented (or OCD...lol)...whatever it is...I like it because it pushes me to be organized and to do my best at whatever I do! 3) I am proud of myself for taking in my Mom and Dad when they needed me and for making a difficult situation work (most days...lol). Yes, I wish my circumstances were different, but we don't always get what we want in life, so we just have to look for the positive and carry on! So there's mine...what's your three?
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    So Cabin 1 campers, how's everyone doing this week? I just wanted to let you all know how proud I am of you for last week's challenge and wish you luck for this week. A big congrats to Prajna for having the greatest weight loss last week, and to Pumpitusa for the second best weight loss!

It appears that the other two remaining cabins are seriously contemplating changing their cabin's name. Do we want to be known as Cabin 1 or do we want to come up with a name? Any ideas?

Donna
  • PrajnaFaux
    Options
    I made the "Chicken Pizza" from the recipe thread, and it was delicious! Didn't even miss the regular pizza the rest of the family was eating. I had no idea flattening chicken was so easy. I just used my marble rolling pin & gave it a few whacks. I think I'm going to get some more chicken breasts, flatten and cook them, then put them in the fridge for sandwiches or or a quick dinner.
  • PrajnaFaux
    Options
    Week 2 Results:

Daily/Weekly Challenges - 24
    Surprise Challenge - 2
    Weight Loss Challenge - 2

Beginning weight: 181.6
    Ending weight: 180.6
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey cabin 1 I think I am going to treat myself to a good cup of coffee from the local coffee house for fathers day. I may even take my bike, Its another nice day until the storm roll in later.
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Way to go .
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Today I concentrated on Body Toning Day - Arms! I spent 30 minutes doing arm exercises at the gym using both free weights and the machines. I have this feeling that they are going to be really aching tomorrow!
  • dmdegrassi
    Options
    Let's come up with a name, Cabin 1. Let's post some ideas! :)