Friday, January 30th + Weekend goals

Options
DaivaSimone
DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
Hi! How is everyone doing?

I kinda reached goals for yesterday, except exercising, 'cause I spend an hour and a half on the phone with my dad who was a little bit sad (you know those stories where siblings start to fight after the death of their parents? well, it happened to my father, and I think that he is fed up about the situation, and yesterday was an heavy heart day), and it was time to go to bed when I finally hung up. So I went to bed.

Here are my goals for today

1) Follow my eating plan and eat (and drink) in moderation with my friends tonight. It's taco night at home, so I should be able to control my intake.
2) Exercise: DONE! Workout A from Stronglifts 5x5 this morning. Finally figured out the pendlay rows, yay!
3) Drink and moderate sodium intake. No chips, I won't eat you today.
4) Grocery shopping list for the weekend.

Goals for the weekend

1) Exercise on both days.
2) Plan a "skinny" pre-Superbowl feast for our Saturday's gathering with friends (it's a tradition we have, we watch a football movie before the Superbowl)
3) Cook something for the week (probably dinner in advance)
4) Plan my food week

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    you know those stories where siblings start to fight after the death of their parents? well, it happened to my father, and I think that he is fed up about the situation, and yesterday was an heavy heart day

That's really tough. It actually happened to both my parents (they both have one sibling and both of their siblings have issues). My mom and her brother made up reasonably soon afterwards and are as close as possible for two extremely different people, but my dad's sister (who died a couple of years ago) never really got over her bitterness about whatever she thought she should have gotten after their stepmother's death. It was crazy, but she was a really messed up person. My mother, sister, and I were basically willing to write her off long before, but my dad was still really hurt and sad, since she was his only real remaining close relative (both of his parents died when I was very young).

As for goals!

I did pretty well yesterday. Did not do quite as much cardio as I'd thought I might, but I went to my spinning class despite not really wanting to and ended up enjoying it, so victory! I also planned to buy a banana or nuts in the afternoon and the place I would normally buy them had only apples (which didn't look that great and I wasn't in the mood for), Kind bars, and chocolate-covered almonds, so I did not. I was wanting food I wasn't really hungry for just because my plans were dashed, but I told myself it would be dinner time soon enough and just used my excess calories on a more indulgent dinner (larger serving of meat, plus cheese). Was quite happy in the evening. Did not do as well as going to bed early as I have been, though.

Today's goals are:

1) Bring lunch (did) and plan ahead for tomorrow, which will be challenging.
    2) Do a treadmill workout and pilates (the first will be difficult to motivate myself for, the second not)
    3) Log well and stay within my calories.
    4) Go to bed at a reasonable hour, despite it being Friday.

I'll do another post for the weekend in a little bit.
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

my goal is to be reasonable and avoid triggers
    -So last night when I came home for dinner I had brocoli,pistachios and a small chunk of cheese.
    -Saturday I will make some home made hummus to eat with pita chips.
    -tomorrow morning I will step on my mini stepper for an hour
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Meant to add the weekend goals yesterday, but never got back to it (and where is everyone else?!).

I have a big workout schedule planned: weights, my regular biking session, hopefully to make my long run for once (the weather is nice today, so I hope it holds up tomorrow), and a swimming lesson (to try and improve my form).

I also want to do some cooking ahead for the week, including something in the slow cooker, and buy more tupperware to make it easier to do a lunch rotation.

I think it's just my sister and I for the Super Bowl, so we are getting salmon kebobs from a favorite Middle Eastern place (salmon in honor of Seattle, I guess), and I may make popcorn and get some ice cream for dessert (I'm considering actually making the ice cream, but timing may not work out).

Super Bowl aside, I'm going out to dinner tonight, so will try to stay close to within my calories, although I should be working out enough that I will be a little lenient. (As of right now I'm not expecting much of a loss this week, though--I'm just maintaining as of today--so don't want to go over much on the weekend.)