Spear throw and other obstacles

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
did anyone here actually get their spear to stick?

and what was everyone's favorite obstacle? least favorite?? most surprising difficulty or ease?

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I managed to hit myself in the head with the spear. Does that count?

I loved the walls. That **** was fun.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I think I can speak for everyone when I say the mud crawl under the barbed wire was the most difficult. I needed to take a break. Lol. These long legs got tired as hell.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I really liked the tire pull/weights on pully ones..also luved the rope climb walls...hated the mud crawl! After the halfway point I copied the approach of one guy & kinda rolled up under the barbed wire. I think those logs you had to balance & walk across were deceiving...not as easy as they looked! I saw a guy fall off one land wrong & break his ankle.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I got 2 shots at the spear throw. I was talking to the guy. he said hold it like a dart about half way down and throw it like a football, and end with throwing like a dart. 2nd throw was a lot better, just threw it over the thing.

I liked the tire, and the rock on a rope pull. cement on a chain. I guess everything that had stuff attached.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Those ****ing walls... This Gorilla is not a climber!!! Good thing I had Brett and Dan to get my fat *kitten* over them! Im not sure what sort of training I could do other then to just keep losing weight to get over those walls.

What surprised me was the cargo net, I thought I was going to have no shot but I banged it out with relative ease.

Im with you Bill on the dragging and carrying stuff things. I liked them the best.

I also liked the bar obsticle... drinking beers after all that work and driving the almost 2 hours home was quiet the feat of endurance.... next year I will have to stay at that hotel night after the race
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am with G on the walls,they are what killed my legs although the rope climb almost got me too.
    Really need to be in better shape next time.

Liked the dragging and lifting stuff best as well.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The rope climb was my favorite. Wasn't sure I'd be able to do it and it was fun to hit that bell.

As bad as the barb wire climb was I prefer that to things like the balance logs or wall traverse because those I failed on. At least the climbing I knew I could get through.

I loved stealing Yoovie's sand bag and having her throw a fit.

I loved waving off the Captain at the 8 foot wall that Bats kept telling everyone was 3 times my size.

I loved Shanni grabbing the biggest tire possible. I still think it outweighed her. And that the girls kept doing the men's weights, more than once. We ran with some amazingly strong women.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yes yes there was a moment when the silent woods echoed with my shrill screams of hatred.

My favorites were

BARBED WIRE CRAWL <3
    Rope fence
    Hoist
    Tractor pull
    Tires
    Sandbag
    Over under through
    Bouldering wall

I couldnt do the rope climb because i cant put pressure on the arches of my feet.
    I couldnt donthe monkey bars or do the walk up the board with the rope thing. My upper body strength and slippery grip vouldnt handle it.

The hardest obstacle for me was hiking downhill :-(
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Yes yes there was a moment when the silent woods echoed with my shrill screams of hatred.

My favorites were

BARBED WIRE CRAWL <3
    Rope fence
    Hoist
    Tractor pull
    Tires
    Sandbag
    Over under through
    Bouldering wall

I couldnt do the rope climb because i cant put pressure on the arches of my feet.
    I couldnt donthe monkey bars or do the walk up the board with the rope thing. My upper body strength and slippery grip vouldnt handle it.

The hardest obstacle for me was hiking downhill :-(

You doing the barbed wire crawl might have been my favorite too... just sayin...
  • yoovie
    Options
    Im just keeping my fingers crossed that that is NOT where the pro-tographers caught sight of me and got my pics :|

Hopefully they got me doing something strength related or climby :-[
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    The spear went in on target but fell out, I guess I didn't throw it hard enough
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Loathed the barbed wire crawl. Not for tall Bi*ches. I almost puked!

Loved pulling things. F*cking loved the rope wall because it was the obstacle after my sprain and I was shocked that I did it and watching Krys conquer her fear of heights with it made my life!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
  • yoovie
    Options
    this is LOVE...

tumblr_mnvl0glhIh1socmjgo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mnvl0glhIh1socmjgo2_500.jpg
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Thanks guys! Can everyone who made a blog post link it on here!? That would make me SO happy!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Emma_Problema/view/spartan-and-other-thoughts-on-being-a-badass-*****-539798