Introductions

Options
caitastic24
caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
Welcome to the group! My name is Caitlin and I have been running these challenges since last July. I love the sense of community the groups bring and I hope this continues going forward.

Please post fairly regularly (at least once a week to qualify for the prize at the end). The official rules are under Announcements. Utilize the group and share your goals/progress/frustrations/etc. as we go along. I will always get back to you if you have any questions for me :-)

To get us started, please post a brief introduction below.

Thanks again for your participation- both old and new members! I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Replies

• courtneyrlaplante
    Options
    Hello, i am Courtney. My goals are to get in shape before our 5K race with the Color Run and our WDW trip. I love to bike ride indoors or out and like this challenge!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Aaron here. Living in the Midwest. I've been riding / into bicycles for most of my life. I've done a few of these challenges but stopped a few times due to illness, injury or lack of motivation. Currently I ride road in the spring & summer and race cyclocross in the fall & winter.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello Tatajana again! As I'm writting this I am biking to finish January! February is my new year start! I plan to bike 500 miles! I'm 23 year old who works as a substitute teacher. I'm determined to do better! I'm on my way to losing 100 pounds! I live in Kansas City, MO. I love nature walks but I try to take my bike out (I have a fear of falling off lol) I try to keep things upbeat! Good luck to everyone! Let's kill this month
  • Belladvalle
    Belladvalle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Bella. My goal is to lose weight to help me fully recover from my knee surgery in 9/2014. I find that I'm able to ride my bike/ w/ out getting swollen afterwards. I’m excited to join this group.
  • sleepy_mum
    sleepy_mum Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Sarah. I love cycling though am still a beginner really, and I've recently started running too. I'm looking forward to getting back on track again with my cycling as I've been a bit off my game the last couple of months. X
  • Remaking_Me
    Remaking_Me Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Emily. I just needed a new challenge- been in a rut and Im competitive so this will be a chance for me to push myself in a different way than I normally would. Im not a 'serious' bicycle rider, indoors or out, but in 2009 I biked over 1800 miles on a recumbent bike as a challenge, aiming for 2009 miles. I didnt make it, but man I did a lot more than I would have without a goal! :)
  • Jannalicious
    Jannalicious Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Janna. I love riding my bike during the summer months. Last ride was in November and I realized I miss riding. Just purchased a great indoor bike and I'm totally in love with it. I would LOVE to bike 2015 miles in 2015 :)
  • bugsplatt
    bugsplatt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Bob, and I guess I'm pretty late to the challenge but I'm going to give it a go. I love riding. Well, I love riding outdoors, that is. Riding the trainer? Eh. Not so much. Okay, truth be told, I sort of hate the trainer. This challenge will hopefully give me the kick in the pants I need to really stick with the trainer this month and get some miles in.