Hello

CharlyDS
CharlyDS Posts: 5 Member
Hello, my name is Charly. I'm a first time mom. I've been breastfeeding for almost 8months :) My current weight fluctuates between 138-142Ibs. I would love to be 125-130Ib, but my goal at the moment is 135Ibs. I have a HUGE probably of eating everything in sight. Lol I'm hoping to change that.

Replies

• ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    I'm in the same boat! Do you find that you have trouble losing weight while breastfeeding? I've been breastfeeding for nearly 10 months and I have not been able to lose weight in the last several months. I am hoping that it just falls off after I wean. Lol
  • Cute baby!! I'm in the same situation. I have a 3.5 month old who is exclusively breastfed. I feel like I lost about half of the pregnancy weight without doing anything in the first month and now I'm putting it all back on by constantly grazing, because it's too cold and too much hassle to go outside and do anything. I love cooking and eating and I'm always looking forward to the next meal...
  • Tinkerbel79
    Tinkerbel79 Posts: 3 Member
    Oh I know how you feel. My little man is 8months and I just said enough was enough. I have 30lbs to loose and I just really was starting to feel down in myself. I've done it once before but waited til weaning to loose the weight. It's def more difficult when still nursing but I'm determine to curb the excess.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    My baby is 6 weeks old and I'm constantly wanting to snack and eat! Especially chocolate! I have 20some pounds to get to pre-preg weight and then another 20 after that so I have a long ways to go. I make sure to eat chocolate everyday, just within my calories. :smile:
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    My problem is that I worry so much about not making enough milk--it's been such a struggle for me with three babies in a row. My son is 5 months old and starting to supplement with one or two bottles of formula on days I'm at work (because I don't have time to pump often enough to keep a stash) as well as having a little bit of infant cereal and/or pureed fruits/veggies, so now I don't feel so bad if I make less milk. But when I'm struggling to maintain my supply, I eat, eat, eat, and eat some more. I have to wonder... how do moms in third-world countries do it? They don't have donuts on every corner, but they still make milk for their babies. Right??