Fluffy runner

Options
runfoorun
runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
I'm a large runner, and in the ultra community I'm considered very large. Looking to meet other fluffy ultra runners to share tips with on fuel, nutrition, gear and such. Currently training for my first 100 mile trail race. I have learned a lot through trial, error and near death experiences so I have a few tips of my own.

Replies

• monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm a "fluffy" runner as well. However, you seem to be way ahead of me. I've run 2 5K's, a 4 miler, running an 8K in March, as well as 10 miler. I'm still learning about fueling for runs through my 10-miler training program. It seems it works best if I wake up 1.5-2 hours prior to our long run on saturday to eat a small breakfast and have a glass of water. That way it has time to work through my system. For the first time Saturday, I took raisins on our 9 mile run (instant fuel). Didn't need them until I was finished because they had water/gatorade on the trail. I would love to help answer any questions you have.
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I'm larger for an ultrarunner. I will tip the scales at 200lbs for my 50M trail race this Saturday.