I ran in a Zombie Run today

Options
2»

Replies

• dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    O_O even the pockets! Gee, I’ll make sure I’ll ziploc everything on race day. Will I need sunglasses or something for my eyes?

My running pants don't have pockets. I wore a belt with pockets that zip closed, and those pockets were filled with color. the color bombs aim for the body, so your shoes will be fine unless you go nuts in the big color toss afterward. Be warned: Your sports bra WILL be completely covered in color powder and may never recover. Mine still has pink here and there.

They give you sunglasses in the race packet, larges ones that cover your eyes thoroughly. Easy way for them to make sure everyone wears them, I suspect.

The Color Me Rad for your town should have an FAQ with suggestions and tips on how to get color out of clothing and body parts, including how to keep your very blonde hair from going pink for days afterward (my hair is dark, so I didn't bother reading that section). They email you all that info a few days before the race as well.

ETA:
    We have a thread on lifting here, called "zombies aren't that strong either". Most of us posting in it are women, so you can probably get some good suggestions there.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips, dragon1ady :D

Have read the Color Run FAQ and nowhere did it mention that the color will enter pockets that have been zipped up! And I was intending to just put my phone into a pouch (without an additional plastic bag) that I’ll just strap around my waist... now I know better LOL Am not too worried about my shoes & sports bra tbh. On the contrary, I would love for the color to stay – would make a great conversation starter in the future!
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I would love to do runforyourlives next year. I am trying to talk some friends into the the 5k walk/shuffle/run if they have it this year.