hi

Options
i suffer from major depression anxiety and ptsd. i either eat alot or very little. i also have fibromyalgia which makes it difficult to exercise. the only thing i can about do is walk cause if i have to i can sit on a curb for awhile till the pain subsides and i never go far from home.

Replies

• Jewlz78
    Jewlz78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too, suffer from major depression, anxiety, ptsd, and bordrline Personality Disorder (BPD). I've been in treatment since I was 3 years old. That's when I was first hospitalized for depression. I just lost my husband last Aug, so I am still in a major depressive episode from that. Trying to get healthy and eat more healthy foods. Most times I don't even have an appretite, but with my diabetes, i know i have to eat, whether I want to or not. Most days I have to force myeslf to eat, but am truly starting to make healthier choices with my food intake.
  • run_abeo
    run_abeo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome, Jews and mnl! Thank you for sharing your stories. It's great to meet you. :)
    I was having some difficulty using this app for groups earlier, so I'm sorry that I couldn't get back sooner.

I suffer from bipolar disorder type 1 and ADD, as well as an undiagnosed eating disorder. I tend to inhale sweets and such when I'm feeling depressed or anxious, so it's been difficult for me to find a dietary balance. I suppose that I'm an emotional eater, since my diet always reflects my moods.
    My weight has been as low as 98lbs, and as high as 127lbs (5'3"-ish height).

I need all the support that exists in the world right now, because I had it come off of my medications when I discovered that I was pregnant last month. It's been hell... everything is hard. I lost my job due to depression alone, as I was unable to remove myself from the bed.

My diet has suffered. It's sporadic, and I've gained weight so quickly since coming off of the meds that helped me keep my head on straight.

@Jewlz78‌ -I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, Jewlz. That sounds absolutely devastating... keep looking forward & feel free to use this forum if you need a shoulder.

@mnl1978 -I'm the same way with food! It's almost all or nothing... lol.

Hugs to both of you! Let's get healthy! XD

• run_abeo
    Options
    Sorry- Jewlz* Not Jews. My phone autocorrected me. lol...
  • dancingwaif
    Options
    *waves* hi guys. I'm diagnosed with CAH (congenital adrenal hyperplasia, late onset and pretty mild so I don't have the outward symptoms), severe depression, and EDNOS. I also have suspicions of borderline personality disorder based on what I've read about it. But that could also just be my depression. My weight is really unstable, from 104 lbs to 138 lbs (around 5'5"). I'm not really an emotional eater, and I get extreme guilt and anger when I eat something that is not on my admittedly small list of safe foods.
    Hopefully we can all support each other, thanks for making the group!!
  • run_abeo
    Options
    @dancingwaif‌ Hi and welcome! Thank you for joining and posting! :)

Ugh, depression and ED's blow for sure. I can relate on those fronts... hopefully we can find some more members to bolster this group's activity and have a support system here.