Favorite Workout Songs?

Options
Sylvarose
Sylvarose Posts: 70 Member
Ok, so I told myself if I lost 15lbs or more by 2/18 I could get something for the pool that would allow me to listen to music while I did my water aerobics. At my weigh in Sat. I was down 15lbs! So, I ordered a kit so I can have my ipod/phone in the water with me so I can listen to music. So now, I'm working on a playlist and I wonder..what should I include on it? Thoughts?

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Well, it might be cheesy, but when I run, I like songs on my playlist that mentions running.... :) i.e. ("..and I ran" by Flock of Seagulls, "running on empty" by Jackson Browne, etc...) Now theoretically you should choose a playlist by the cadence you keep by running ( https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=website+music+playlist+by+cadence&gws_rd=ssl )

So, I don't know if for water aerobics there are any considerations like that... I'd say just pick some good peppy music that you like... :) But that's just my humble opinion.. :)
  • mattstamper
    Options
    I'm a big fan of mid to late 90s upbeat, powerful rap and pop. Reminds me of a time when I was more fit and full of energy, so I tend to act that way. Spotify has some decent playlists.
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Fit Radio App. Love it!
  • LJgfg
    LJgfg Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What do you like best to listen to? Ex. I like country music so my playlist includes things like Cotton-Eyed Joe, Dirt Road Anthem and Blown Away. I also happen to like 80's rock, so I have a mix of Bon Jovi, Madonna, etc. in there as well.

My suggestion - throw a bunch of your favorites on there, then delete the ones that don't fit your activity level (too fast / too slow / too whatever).