February is here!

Options
GretchenReine
GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
And...so is Groundhog Day! That little weasel saw his shadow so...we have 6 more weeks to get our bodies in gear! LOL Honestly...I'd like to take a shovel to Phil...but I love animals and so I won't go out there. He's a cute thing even if he never has anything nice to say! Let's get this February challenge under way! There are plenty of rest days built in so if you miss a day...you can just make it up along the way. :-)

I use my coffee table for my tricep dips. FYI...I have no muscles in my arms or upper body. I do these while people are asleep so no one sees me struggling after the first one! LOL

Considering I had 2 surgeries back to back on my stomach end of 2013/beginning of 2014...I have no ab strength. The surgeries completely undid any progress I had made...so...a 20 second plank had my arms straining. I can't wait to try and do 30 seconds tomorrow. I wonder if I'll ever actually get up to a 2 minute plank. I'm certainly trying to push myself!

How's everyone else doing? What's your comfort level with these exercises?

Replies

• ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I sure prefer them over last month's! I couldn't do squats (bad knees - I'm going to PT), and modified the burpees a bit. I started doing pushups in place of the squats, but only made it four days.

This month I'm doing pushups instead of the lunges. I'm trying to do them from my feet and they are getting tough, especially since I'm getting sore!

Oddly, the planks aren't as tough for me as they are for a lot of people. I haven't been doing abs for a couple months so they are a little harder than in the fall, but not too bad.

Thanks for the new challenge ideas Gretchen!