*WEEK 8 MONDAY

Soon afterward Jesus began a tour of the nearby towns and villages, preaching and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom of God. He took his twelve disciples with him, 2 along with some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases. Among them were Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons; 3 Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s business manager; Susanna; and many others who were contributing from their own resources to support Jesus and his disciples.

4 One day Jesus told a story in the form of a parable to a large crowd that had gathered from many towns to hear him: 5 “A farmer went out to plant his seed. As he scattered it across his field, some seed fell on a footpath, where it was stepped on, and the birds ate it. 6 Other seed fell among rocks. It began to grow, but the plant soon wilted and died for lack of moisture. 7 Other seed fell among thorns that grew up with it and choked out the tender plants. 8 Still other seed fell on fertile soil. This seed grew and produced a crop that was a hundred times as much as had been planted!” When he had said this, he called out, “Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”

Replies

• MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Lord, please let me be the latter, please let me be planted in the good soil and have good moisture.
  • kimbershep
    kimbershep Posts: 72
    OBSERVATION
    This is what I like to see here, Jesus shows them and us (in present time) that everyone has rights (Yay...women's rights). In their day, women were not to be taught by Rabbis. I read somewhere else that they had to be covered and quiet in public:noway: So, I am thankful that He set the tone for the world to see that we as women do exsist.

Who wouldn't want a great crop? We as Christians are to spread as many seeds but we have to know that some of our seeds may not fall on good ground. As long as our hearts are right in planting them, we do know that some will and that is what we focus on. If we keep focusing on stuff that is not going anywhere we lose focus.

Everyone is not willing to hear the Word of God. I hear comments on Facebook that someone is always putting something about God on their status. Well....why not? I remember having an assistant principal inbox me and tell me that something I said really encouraged her. I was merely expressing my feelings like I always do (it blesses me when I don't keep it bottled up so I write). Just her comment helped me to realize that whoever that person was talking about that is posting so much of God on their status shouldn't feel bad about it. If it reaches one person, God gets the glory and you have walked in your calling - to spread the seed/gospel.

APPLICATION
    Not allow anyone or anything to dictate how, when or where I plant seeds of the Word. I will not be discouraged by others who might be driven by jealousy, being a busy-body or just plain evil. Just like the bible says the poor will always be among us, well evil people will always be among us but I won't get side tracked. I will kick the dust off my feet and keep it moving!

PRAYER
    THank you Heavenly Father for the mind to do right and ask that you give me strength each day to do more for you as the desire is there. In the name of Jesus I pray, Amen