New to Stronglifts...have some questions

Options
jillybean_75
jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
Hi all.. I am new to Stronglifts.. have mostly been focused on cardio lately but did some lifting with the NROLFW, but found it more complicated than I wanted it to be.

Anyway, I read the PDF that came with it and I am starting off with the bar, but I am confused about warm up. Where do I start with warm-up if I am only starting at the bar weight for squats, overhead, bench. Also it says to start at 65 for row and 90 for deadlift. What is the warm up for those starting weights?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I started the program last week. I wasn't sure what to do either.

For squats, OHP, and bench press, I used a broomstick to practice the form and warmup. Then I did the regular workout (empty bar).

For barbell row and deadlift, I used the empty bar for warmups, then did the working weight.

It worked out okay for me. This week I think I'll use empty bar for all warmups, then do my weights. Except for the OHP, which was the hardest, I'll use the broomstick, then empty bar, then with the new weight.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    You can do body weight for squats and dumbbell versions for the other lifts. So you can use 10 or 15 lbs for the warm up to the bar on OHP and bench press.

Rows and DL don't necessarily "need" warm-ups because you should already be warm from the other lifts, but many ladies here do them for form practice.

ETA: Welcome by the way! It is a great program.