Kicking the Sugar Habit

Options
Hello all! I want to kick this off with a 1 week sugar kicking challenge however I want this to be an ongoing group for all of us that have the tenancy to slip back into old ways.

I know that I have a problem. I know that I have a sugar addition. I will get an idea in my head about cookies, (ice cream, chocolate, brownies, the list goes on and on right?) and suddenly that small idea has turned into a quest, one that I will do anything to complete. I will brave snow and bad road conditions in at night just to fulfill my craving. Oh the shame!

I will go to bed each night thinking, tomorrow... Tomorrow I will be better, eat better, live better. Tomorrow I will do what I know I should do. And each day sugar cravings bury me in their dominance.

So here it is. I am throwing the gauntlet down and invite any of you that want to take on the challenge whether it be for a week, a month, a year, or a lifetime, to join up here and share in the journey.

Group name is Sugar Kickers. Lets start with a 1 WEEK no sugar challenge.

No sugar means, NO Sugar. No soda, no sweets, no creamer in your coffee, nada. The coffee is going to hurt me too guys but I have to get this monkey off my back. I have to start down the road to my ultimate goals. As for artificial sweeteners, that is your choice. I do not eat them but I will not judge anyone that does, totally your choice.

As for when the challenge starts, this minute. Your challenge starts at the very second that your decide it's what you want to do. I don't care what time of day it is or what you have eaten all up until this point, you start now. Ready? Set? GO!

Replies

• heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If anyone has thoughts or suggestions on how to kick the cravings please post. My thoughts are LOTS of water, I don't really know why, maybe I think I can wash the junk out of me?? Also...I may just have to stay off Pinterest. Seriously. Thats silly right but every single time I get on there I'm faced with gooey-oooey lovely deliciousness.