Balancing SL with accessory lifts in 2nd cycle

Options
2»

Replies

• kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Started fiddling with what my program will look like tonight (aren't you all envious of my social life?)

It's my understanding that I don't want to superset the same movements week after week - is that correct? Too taxing or something?

So I am playing around with supersetting benches and rows in one week, then OHPs in the second week then back to the bench/row supersets, etc. - Does that sound like a solid plan of attack? I'm just trying to balance my goals with strength gains and fat loss.

I was also thinking that after every 4 weeks I would change what accessory I was supersetting with my main lefts for the next 4 weeks, then go back to the original. . .

I might be making this too complicated. . .help! :smile:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem to be supersetting the same exercises 1x/week. In the BB program I will be following that's exactly what happens.....one main lift followed by 2 accessory lifts which are done as supersets.
  • kirabob
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem to be supersetting the same exercises 1x/week. In the BB program I will be following that's exactly what happens.....one main lift followed by 2 accessory lifts which are done as supersets.

Okay, okay. . .maybe I should just do BB. If only I hadn't already spent my funny money for the month. . . :smile:
  • kirabob
    Options
    Also, I should clarify:

I wouldn't superset benches WITH rows, more like benchs/pullups, rows/lat pulldowns. . .
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    lol Well luckily it's only $34 and a good value so maybe it will work out next month :) I do think you would like it though haha

But you know I think that doing the program as you've designed for a bit will be a good thing :)
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Also, I should clarify:

I wouldn't superset benches WITH rows, more like benchs/pullups, rows/lat pulldowns. . .

Hmmm....

Pullups and lat pull downs are working the same muscle group and are okay paired with the bench, but I would consider something else with the row. Something like dumbbell flys or dumbbell pull overs. That will take the focus off the back and put it on the chest.

And you will be fine for a month :laugh: BB will be waiting for the both of us!
  • kirabob
    Options
    Also, I should clarify:

Hmmm....

Pullups and lat pull downs are working the same muscle group and are okay paired with the bench, but I would consider something else with the row. Something like dumbbell flys or dumbbell pull overs. That will take the focus off the back and put it on the chest.

And you will be fine for a month :laugh: BB will be waiting for the both of us!

Good point. I was having a little trouble figuring out what to pair with the rows - I like the idea of dumbbell pullovers a lot. Yep - figure if this isn't working for me, I can always adjust. :smile:
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I really like the pull overs. If you start with arms straight, bend and you go over and behind your head and then push them straight again on the return you hit the triceps a bit as well.