MagJam2004
MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
Check it out if you haven't yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC7GPdBV9WQ

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Today is when it becomes available on Netflix. I am at work and used to be able to access the Netflix site before work blocked it. T_T I plan to watch at home after hitting the gym in the morning. I've read a few reviews and overall people dig it. Very dark, violent and gritty.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Hearing great things about it. I'll definitely watch it when I have the time (so probably starting tomorrow or Sunday, we have a lot of things to watch already).
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Oh~ I forgot that this came out today. Will definitely be checking it out this weekend.
  • lacroyx
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yesterday I saw 6 episodes before I needed to go to bed for work. Very, very violent. Those with little ones I would prescreen first before deciding if you want to allow your kids to watch. It takes place in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). I am not sure of the exact timeline for this series but it is some time after the Avengers 1 movie. There are references to other characters and events from the MCU like Thor, Iron Man, and Agents of SHIELD but you can go in not having seen any of that first. If you are familiar with the comics, the series is heavily influenced by Frank Millers "Man without Fear" Daredevil story arc.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Watched 3 episodes of this tonight with my husband, and enjoying it so far. I didn't really know much about Daredevil as a character before this show, but I like how he's portrayed! The fight scenes are really neat, and I look forward to binge watching the rest of it. :p
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I liked the first episode. Won't be able to watch much of it this weekend though :(
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just watched episode 1 and it's looking good so far.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing ads on the bus stops here and the main character looks hot so I'll definitely be checking it out when I can ;)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    I'm watching it now!
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Love marvel so was really excited when I saw this series out. Watched the first episode yesterday and it's great! Think I'm officially hooked.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Finally got to see the first two episodes. I really like it!
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    I have never really enjoyed DD as a comic and hated the movie version. Watched the first Netflix episode on Sunday and although I thought it was alright, it still does not jump out at me as being awesome. I will probably watch the whole series, but mostly because I have high hopes for it getting better and better.
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thus far I haven't been that impressed. But it seems like I'm in a minority. I hate that they just have DD running around and doing all these things and it took until Episode five for him to even say how he sees. So far I can't binge watch it. I have to do like one a night.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Seen 6 episodes so far... Really like how the show is progressing!
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Watched all episodes and am looking forward to season 2 which they have confirmed is coming in 2016. Never was a DareDevil reader, but know the general mythology of the character. I am liking the direction of the series so far.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the show, since I never was a big reader of the comic (although I did read Frank Miller's Man Without Fear many years ago), so I didn't realize all of the references to the Marvel universe that appear throughout the show until I did some research. I was actually trying to find more about Karen Page, but it looks like the show gives way more depth to her character than the comics ever did. I also hope they bring Vincent D'Nofrio back.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    PlunderingSteelGorilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'll be the odd man out. 5 episodes in and still not loving it, yet still watching. Getting better, but not quite there.

Vincent is a good actor, I like him, but he sucks at being Kingpin. Kingpin was always a larger than life character with extreme confidence and very well spoken. In this series he is nowhere near as large as he should be (physically and in personality) and when he speaks he does so with more curiosity than confidence, much like Vincent does in Law and Order.
  • lacroyx
    Options
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/24699/jon_bernthal_cast_as_frank_castle_in_the_netflix_original_series_marvels_daredevil

:tldr: Shane from The Walking Dead has been casted to play Frank Castle a.k.a. The Punisher in season 2 of Daredevil.
  • Charisma_Black
    Charisma_Black Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loved Daredevil series. Didn't think it was going to amount to much but wow was I wrong! Such a good show and can't wait until Season 2 :dizzy:
  • corryigo
    corryigo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I as well Loved Daredevil, I watched it later, after all the normal shows I watch ended.