Friday February 6th goals + weekend goals

Options
DaivaSimone
DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
I'm right down with Stephany about this: wheeeeere is everybody?! There's only a week left to this challenge, we need to rock and kick some butts!!

I had a weird day yesterday, feeling a little bit hungry and, at the same time, feeling to exhausted to exercise after work. I skipped cardio again (but I will do some this weekend), but I managed to stay under calorie goal even if we were on a date night.

Today's goal

1) Follow my eating plan and be sensible about snacking and stuff, even if I'll have a couple of calories to spare.
2) Exercise: got it covered! I did my Workout B from Stronflifts this morning, and I'm going ice skating with my colleagues this afternoon (as a part of our team building activity calendar).
3) Keep it up with hydration because I have a high sodium day in the loop.

Weekend

1) Cardio on both day, no exception.
2) House cleaning on saturday afternoon (we have to take pictures before putting our apartment for rent, then there will be visitors)
3) Food planning and cooking two meals ahed for the week

That's it, i'll have enough with the home renting and moving thing this weekend, I don't want to be overloaded with stress.

Replies

• classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Goals
    1) Plan out my meals for the day (*)
    2) Stay within my calories (*)
    3) Exercise (walked & Yoga) (*)
    4) Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water (*)
    5) Stick to my Detox Lemon Water (*)

Today's & this Weekend Goals:
    1) Plan out my meals for the day
    2) Stay within my calories
    3) Exercise (Yoga in the morning & walk @ lunch)
    4) Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water
    5) Make dinner for the family
    6) Stick to my Detox Lemon Water
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I think I figured something out yesterday. I've been struggling like crazy with cravings and assuming it was TOM or just work stuff (there's been tons of food at work and I've not been logging every bite, etc., but grabbing a few pieces of kettlecorn or the like here and there and trying to overestimate other calories to cover it rather than try to estimate). Anyway, I've been low-ish on carbs most of the new year, and yesterday afternoon I tried a new snack bar, noticing in advance that it had tons of carbs (and sugar, since one major ingredient was dried fruit) and then, hmm. I felt satiated all afternoon.

This really could just be hormonal changes still, but I was already thinking of maybe increasing my carbs, and it definitely convinced me to try it. I'm also feeling a need for a diet break, so went ahead and jacked my calories up a bit and while I'm going to try to log perfectly I'm not going to worry if I eat more at maintenance for the next day or two before getting back to it for the last week of this challenge. And that's excellent timing (hmm), since today's work lunch is Maggiano's, a local Italian place known for its mega calorie food! I'm going to be sensible and all, but am looking forward to it.

I also took a rest day yesterday and went to bed quite early for me, both of which I think helped my blahs of earlier in the week.

So today's goals:

1) Get in some good cardio and find my jump rope (new planned challenge is to restart my push-up app program and jump rope 5 minutes or so every morning).
    2) Don't go overboard at work lunch.
    3) Log everything (bites and nibbles included) and stay within maintenance.
    4) Eat a reasonably light dinner including fish.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm also feeling like I need a real diet break. Last one was during my holiday in New York and Abitibi (lol, that will make sense only for a Quebecer), where I didn't log during 8 days. I looked back on my Libra app yesterday night with my husband, and on those 8 days, I gained two pounds that I lost immediately after (two days after) - so it was probably water weight, and then, weight loss went on as usual. That convinced me that I should probably go on with another diet break.

I don't plan on not logging for a week, but I will definitely make a week at maintenance. Probably a carb-conscious week at maintenance, to be sure that I'm still on track, starting at the end of this challenge. I'm still pretty big, so that mean a week eating about 2300 cals. That will be fun!

Tell me how you feel with your increased carbs intake. Following different advice about me feeling hungry all the time, I decreased mine, but I think I was more comfortable with a 35% carbs ratio. Let me know how it helps you!
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hey Daiva Simone, let's not kick butt but LOOSE BUTT. I am giving myself a pat on the back for a job well done for yesterday's goals. I walked to work from the rail in freezing weather. I ran up the stairs during passing periods. I did not eat any ice cream while serving the 10th graders! I only drank three light beer while eating crawfish!

Today's goals:
    I walked to work from rail.
    No chips with my sandwich.
    Was nice to boss.
    Played Just Dance with Grands. I am Jazzy with hoop earrings.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can kick my butt, and I'd be glad to lose some butt, but would be even more delighted to lose some of my belly! So, let's kick some belly, friends! Ouch - that sounds just painful!

It's helpful to read this carb discussion. I have been out of control and unable to spend much time logging the past several days - just so busy and off computer for the most part. My challenge is all the tubs of little cookies from Trader Joe's that keep gathering on the counter at my daughter's house where I spend the bulk of the weekdays playing with my precious 2-year-old granddaughter. I seem to think it's up to me to empty these tubs - I've been munching little cookies by the handful, even to the point of skipping lunch. Boo. And the funny thing is ... my daughter's in-laws, who are spending the month with them, keep bringing more cookies in the house. I was better at controlling the urge to crunch my first 6-8 months on MFP, but just can't seem to get back on the wagon. Well, now I have two days at home to turn this around. I'll try to pat closer attention to the ratios aspect like you suggested, DaviaSimone. And do some reflection on why I am munching to the point of bingeing.

For this weekend:
    *Get back to logging my food as accurately as possible
    *Drink a gallon of water each day
    *Ride 20 minutes today and an hour tomorrow on my exercise bike - waiting tables this afternoon/ evening which will provide some good activity as well
    *Develop and commit to a plan for dealing with mindless snacking

Enjoy your weekend, friends!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Orly one week left! I need another challenge for sure. Finally got the scale going downward again and now I'm ready to see a pound a week loss again. I had to really tighten up my logging and keep calories at the low end of my range. My maintenance is pretty darn low if I don't move enough.

So, what's our next challenge date, people? Any ideas???
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I know it's too early to say on the carbs--next week when I get fully back to it (since I had restaurant meals on Friday and yesterday that were hard to count) I'll know better--but I so far do feel like it's helping, with my mood as well as hunger. I had been cutting to 100-125 grams when I started this (often closer to 100), but went up to 40% when I was really active in the fall and winter, and then realized I wasn't being as active in December so cut them back again in January and started losing again (I also kept to my calories better, though). But I didn't really think through that I was pushing to get more active again, and I think that's why last week I was having so much trouble. I'm going to probably try to stay around 40% again for a while and see if that works.

I'm also mulling over Lent and I don't think I can do vegetarian (what I normally do, but didn't last year), but I'm at least going to do fish only, which seems kind of lame (I love fish), but will mean I'll do more vegetarian meals, which will require carbs to be somewhat higher.
    My maintenance is pretty darn low if I don't move enough.

Yeah, I totally know what you mean. When I ran the numbers I was like "yeah, that's why I gained weight."
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm also feeling like I need a real diet break.
    Well, I guess I've been on a break without trying! I've had family in town the last two weekends, eating out, and extra snacks, etc. I've been over on my calories everyday. It's nobody's fault but my own, but I'm pretty sure the scale is supposed to go down, not up! GRRR!