TTC "purgatory"

Options
Hi! My name is Liz...I'm new to the group. My husband and I are trying to conceive. We just started two weeks ago, but we're really impatient. I'm struggling right now bc since he and I got married a year ago, I've put on about 12 lbs (I lost 30 lbs on MFP three years ago and had maintained it pretty well till then). I'm staying pretty steady but really would feel better about myself and feel more comfortable in my clothes if I can drop about five lbs. I'm not overweight and am in a healthy range but just feel bloated and ugh...I want to feel more fit and have more energy and feel better about myself again. Would a modest cut hurt me while TTC or if I'm newly pregnant? I'm thinking if I get a minimum of 1500 and eat up to 1800 if I'm still hungry (eating the right foods and not empty calories), and avoiding HIIT and heavy weights, I could feel better about myself and maybe lose some fat. Is this an okay plan? I'm at about 139 lbs and I'm 5'6" currently.

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I was eating at a deficit and exercising loads while TTC, and when first pregnant. I didn't increase my calories until my 2nd trimester, and was still at a deficit, and then ate at maintenance or below in my third trimester. I exercised until 38 weeks. Still gained loads of weight though....
  • _wildflower_
    _wildflower_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Having been on MFP for over three years now and with having a husband who loves to eat and sweets in the house from my MIL all the time, I would be content to just lose about 5 lbs and maintain that weight until pregnant. When I was divorced, it was soo much easier to control my food environment but I'm not going to deny myself from eating small amounts of food that's delicious if it's around! And I'm the type that needs to set my calorie goal at a minimum bc I know I'll hit and go over the minumum every day! I never let myself be hungry but try to mostly eat the right kinds of foods versus empty calories. Long term maintenance is such a struggle. If I can not go over 2,000 cals a day, I feel like I'm doing good for real!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I was in a deficit both times I got pregnant, but I was also overweight, so not sure about someone who's already at a healthy weight. I got pregnant fairly quickly both times, so I don't think it made a difference for me.
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xx