Options
momkas
momkas Posts: 22 Member
Had surgery on 12/29/14. How fast should the weight be coming off? I've lost 28 lbs so far but it seems so little for what I'm doing.

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being sleeved! Sounds like you are doing GREAT-- when in your LIFE did you lose 28 pounds in 6 weeks??!!!
  • momkas
    Options
    Good point. I guess it just seems like it's been a lot longer than 6weeks. Lol, now that you mention it, I have my six week check up this week. Thanks for putting it all in perspective .
  • alstauch
    Options
    I had my surgery on December 17, 2014, and sometimes I feel like it was six months ago! You should be very proud of your 28 pound loss. That sounds like you're ahead of the game. That's about how much I've lost and I had surgery before you. My doctor said I was a little ahead of my weight loss goal. There are negative effects to losing weight super fast, so know that you are handling it the right way. Good luck!
  • mfpdevotee
    Options
    i feel the same way!! (sleeved dec 16, 2014) i think about all the stuff/crap i'm not eating... junk food, SODA, candy, SODA....and thinking such a change would make it burn off faster!!! i know the weight gain didnt happen overnight.. so I shouldnt expect that it goes away overnight... but it would be nice!!! thanks for listening to my mini-vent! i'm glad im not the only one that kinda feels that way too momkas!
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    momkas wrote: »
    Good point. I guess it just seems like it's been a lot longer than 6weeks. Lol, now that you mention it, I have my six week check up this week. Thanks for putting it all in perspective .

You are most welcome-- perspective! Yes!!
  • momkas
    Options
    Thank you all so much. It's nice to know we aren't alone.