Great North Run

Options
I have just found out that I have got a place in the Great North Run!
This is a local half marathon that is really hard to get into and celebrated its one millionth runner last year. The race isn't until September and I have another HM in May, but I am super excited now.
This was my goal all along when I started running, but I never actually thought I would get here.

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I have just found out that I have got a place in the Great North Run!
    This is a local half marathon that is really hard to get into and celebrated its one millionth runner last year. The race isn't until September and I have another HM in May, but I am super excited now.
    This was my goal all along when I started running, but I never actually thought I would get here.

What date is your May 1/2? Mines on the 10th, Mothers Day 8). Dedicatiing my 1st 1/2 to my Mom 8)
  • poke987
    Options
    My half is may 9th!
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    May 3rd for me. I still can't quite believe I am doing it. I never thought I would be capable of running so far, but I am up to 11 miles in training.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Good news, and all the best with it.

I have a 10Km trail race on the 4th May then my first trail HM of this season on the 24th. I'm hoping to make a better time than the one that I got last year but on a different course it's difficult to compare.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Same here. February 2014 I was at a weight of 270+lbs., now at just under 150lbs. feel great. Long term and lofty goal is Boston 8)
  • poke987
    Options
    Same here. February 2014 I was at a weight of 270+lbs., now at just under 150lbs. feel great. Long term and lofty goal is Boston 8)

That's a fantastic loss! You must feel great!
  • GreatCthulhu
    GreatCthulhu Posts: 93 Member
    Options

Wow that is incredible. I believe you can get to Boston :-)