Just a vent!

Im so frustrated! I dont have the money to buy a scale so i have no idea if I'm losing any weight. Of course i dont look it yet so i cant go off of that. I dont even know if the weight i started with is right. I was just guessing based on my last weight at the doctors. So annoying! Everytime i go to get a scale i run out of money for myself. Anyways... No one in my household seems to care so im just b*tching to let it out so i can move on.

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    No prob with venting! Really it's not all about the weight (scales and that can be in inaccurate and can fluctuate with different times of the month). If you have a piece of clothing that's smaller and try to work into that it can work or you could start measuring yourself. You wouldn't even have to use a proper measuring tape, just string. Keep the string marked with arm, leg, waist etc...then put it somewhere safe and then refer back to it in a few months. It's the same with my household...I have put myself on this journey for myself and wellbeing...it is tougher and I have to struggle with my own inner demons, but I know I will get there...slowly but surely.
  • I love the ideas of measuring other metrics besides weight snaps mentioned! For the weight though, could you use a scale at the gym, sneak on at the pediatricians office when you're with the kids, or look for a second hand one on craigslist or a thrift store?