New SAHM in need of some friends an motivation!

Options
Hey everyone!
I'm a new SAHM I'm 24, I have a 4year old son an a 9 week old daughter! I had a rough pregnancy this last time I had GD an gained about 100lbs. I was 135-140 prepregnancy an was 240lb when I delivered I am down to 187 now I've been eating clean an getting in as much workouts as I can! I'm looking to make friends who are wanting to keep each other motivated or even just to chat! I didn't relize how stir crazy you can get being a at home mom lol.

Replies

• MusicMom76
    Options
    Hi, I'm 38, have a 4-year-old and a 3-month-old. I got up to about 205, am back down to 181, and need to get to 135. Granted, I gained weight when I got married 6.5 years ago, so have been overweight for 5 years. I was 174 when I got pregnant with my first, and never got below that before getting pregnant last year. My goal is to be in shape for Christmas. I'm also breastfeeding, so need to eat enough to keep my supply up. I just had my tubes tied on Thurs, so can't exercise for 2 weeks, but I'm tracking all of my food.
  • mommaporter11
    mommaporter11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend invite!
  • MusicMom76
    Options
    :D
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and stay at home (working part time from home) with my 3 year old daughter and 18 month old son. Stir crazy for sure, especially in the winter!! I've resorted to taking walks around the mall :) I was 185 at my highest and I've made it down to 148 in about a year. I could probably still lose another 10 pounds but I'm mostly focusing on building muscle these days. It's so hard to get out to exercise, but I try to swim laps twice a week. When it's warmer out I plan to take plenty of walks with the kids!
  • mrsdg2008
    mrsdg2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and a SAHM to a 4.5 year old girl, and my little boy will be 3 months next week. We are in NY and have had a brutal winter the last month or so, so between staying in since November with a newborn, and now being tied to the house because of the snow and freezing temps, we are all going a bit stir crazy. I was 194 when I got pregnant with my son, so very heavy to start with, and now am 180. Ultimately, I would like to get down to 120, but I know that will take time. My main goals right now are to stop using the weather/cabin fever as an excuse to stuff my face all day, and to start getting active. I admit I need to find creative ways to be active so that it is enjoyable. Thus far, I have always despised exercise in any form. Sorry for my ramble lol. Desperately in need of someone to share the journey with. My husband, with his super duper metabolism just doesn't understand the struggle.
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 21 and a stay at home mom, also breastfeeding. My son will be 1 in March! I had a thyroid condition and just ate terrible my entire pregnancy and gained 62lbs. I was at 154 to start with which was high for me as it is. Weighed 216 the day I gave birth. Now, 11 months later and I am at 138... (the last 16 lbs I lost just this past month that ive been on MFP). Trying to get between 130-135 and do something about my belly, if at all possible lol. Ill add you and we can help motivate each other!!
  • thefishsmom
    thefishsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 3 young kids. I have 2 boys ( ages 5 & 4) and a daughter (will be 2 in April). I started out at my heaviest non pregnant weight of 185. I'm currently down to about 170 with a goal of 155 by my daughters birthday (4/20) and an ultimate goal of about 130. I'm 5'6 and 35 years old. We just got a foot of snow today so all my exercise has been indoors but I love to hike when the weather is good. I'd love some other SAHM friends and motivators!!!
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM too. We just moved across country and not knowing anyone here AND being a SAHM gets pretty lonely so I totally get the stir crazy thing. I'm not used to snow and now living in PA I'm getting cabin fever.. BAD. I gained 45 pounds with my son, as well as being 20 lbs heavier then I'd ever been before I even got pregnant. Im down 25 but still have a long way to go!
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    HI,
    I am 31 and have a 5 year old daughter i have always been over weight and have never been under 200 pounds in the last 5 years. My heavest was when pregnent and that was 245 since then i have been down to 203 and now i am back up to 218 not happy. My goal is to be down to 150 /160 before i have another child. I work full time and from the month of November through Feburary we are on manditory overtime at 60+ hours a week and this is when i gained the last 15 pounds. I need the support and motivation to get my but back in gear and do this once and for all. Good luck to you all and looking forward to more friends.
  • mommaporter11
    Options
    Thanks ladies for responding! In going to friend request all of you :D
    Mrsdg2008 I just laughed cause I could have wrote that last sentence myself! My hubby is will be 31 this year but with his super freakish metabolism he's got the body of a ripped 20 year old. So he doesn't understand why it's so hard for me to lose the weight!
  • mrsdg2008
    mrsdg2008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I want to punch my husband every time I hear "if your unhappy with your weight, do something about it," as he shovels food into his mouth. Men. Lol
  • mommaporter11
    Options
    Lol right!! Or while I'm doing a workout video an he walks in the room cause he likes to think he's supporting me aka he thinks it's funny... While he's eating a candy bar and I'm sweating an out of breath! :p
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Omg yes!!! I hate when mine comes in to watch me workout. Ugh!! And now that I've been cooking healthy foods he is losing weight too!!! But he definitely should probably GAIN a few pounds lol. I usually give myself the correct portion size and give him double...
  • mommaporter11
    Options
    Lol men are crazy!! You said you were moving up from Miami ?!? Where abouts?? I'm in TN an the weather here is crazy so out of the normal I'm watching my morning news an the said since Monday there's been 250 wrecks just in Nashville.
  • AubrieCollins
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM too! I have a 2 year old son (is it really baby weight at this point? lol) but have PCOS so the weight is taking its time.
  • Addicct
    Addicct Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, not sure if anyone will read this but I'm 32 with a 15 week old. I exclusively breastfeed and am just now getting serious about losing the weight I put on during pregnancy. I weigh 151 now and would like to be 120/125. It's hard because I have to eat enough extra calories to keep up my supply. I hope when my son goes on solids it will be a little easier. I'm in California btw! -KK
  • kimtober
    kimtober Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost weight while breastfeeding without it affecting my supply. Just be sure that you give yourself the extra calories and use them. You can do it!!
  • scatterchatter
    scatterchatter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It can be done. Just remember to drink lots of water!
  • mhesler2014
    mhesler2014 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started the sahm thing a year ago before that I was a full time student and "part" time worker lol graduated and left my job when I had my second baby now we moved to Texas. I swear being at home with nothing to do makes it hard not to eat everything in the house! I had about 30 pounds to lose and have lost about 17 so far but started losing motivation recently and would love to make some friends and get motivated again.
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm, 41 years old, with a 6 year old and a 2 year old. I decided that in March my goal is to lose 4% of my weight. So I am 181 right now, I would like to be at 174 by March 31st. I saw a diet bet that said they saw a lot of success with people just doing monthly 4% goals….so here I go. I am hitting this hard this month!