Goals for this challenge

Options
DaivaSimone
DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Time to set new goal as a new challenge is around the corner.

I easily reached my goal for the Valentine's day challenge (by easily, I mean that I didn't need to change drastically what I was doing). I'm now at 236 pounds, down 43 from the beginning of this journey.

I am now on a macro-conscious diet break week, where I'm trying to eat more and focus on my protein intake. I hope this will help me with my lifts, and I think it will also benefit my body, because eating at a deficit for a long time is a great stress on the body.

After that, I will have six weeks to lose weight before Easter. I'll go with a 9 pounds loss objective (it's a bit challenging in six weeks, at least for me, but I want to lose at least 10 more pounds (preferably 15) before my one year strike, which is in 10 weeks, so I have to work on that.

So. What's your goal for this challenge?

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get back to losing a pound a week. Its been more like .6 or .8 and sometimes no loss. I'm one week away from my one year anniversary on MFP. I do good on staying at calorie goal (+/-100) but my body doesn't have the TDEE it did 60 pounds ago.

My goal this challenge is to cross the line from obese to overweight! I'm about 6 pounds away.

55835802.png
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My Goal this challenge is to actually make my goal this time. I actually gained weight during the last one.:(
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The last challenge was amazing. I made my weight goal, and I crossed over from the 200's to the 100's. This challenge I want to get down to 188. If I do this I will be more than half way to my overall weightloss goal!! And, actually, more important than all that I have written, I don't want to quit if things don't go the way I want them to go. I know how I am and I am one of those who rarely finishes what they start.
  • demisidrak
    demisidrak Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning this challenge at around 158 pounds and I hope to end it at around 145 pounds!

Good luck to everyone here!!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    The last challenge I was 1 pound from my goal. My weight has been on a stall this past week and half.

CW 171
    GW 163

I want to add new workouts, hoping spring will bring days to ride my bike and run outside. I workout daily, but want to do some new things.

I also want to get more water in. I am going to put a reminder on my PC so it will prompt me to drink up.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    My goal this challenge is to cross the line from obese to overweight! I'm about 6 pounds away.

Fabulous goal. I love those milestones.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I'm about .2 short of my goal for this past challenge (or maybe .3--I have to check if I went with the round number or did .9 to be under it, but I think my goal was 125), but for the most part I've been maintaining the past few weeks with some sloooow losses. That's okay--January was some quick losses making up for the maintenance of Thanksgiving through New Years, and now my body (or my mental state) seems to want to get used to where I am before losing more, and I'm feeling pretty good as it is.

However, for Easter my goal will be to get to my initial overall goal--120.

I also do want to set some athletic goals. I'm doing a half marathon around St. Patrick's Day (ack, that's close!), but I'm undertrained so don't expect to make my time from November. I'm going to have to put in some more thought on this one, but I have some vague ideas.
  • LittleMy2014
    LittleMy2014 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I gained weight during the last challenge so I need to get myself in hand and shift it off again. I have been pretty useless at exercising recently so one challenge will be to walk at least 15 miles a week. I am setting a weekly target so that I don't beat myself up if I barely move out of the house one day.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I regained almost 20 pounds in one year by losing my healthy eating habits and a month of rain....I only exercise outside.....my overall goal is to lose at least fifty pounds....by August 2015....registered for a triathlon in Sept...so swimming and biking are my main activities...need to reconsider using a gym..Sooo.
    Weight loss goal= down 13 pounds by Easter and return to healthy eating
    Weekly goal 2lbs...ae77vej1pklp.jpeg

• Mrs_Cunningham420
    Mrs_Cunningham420 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal for this challenge
    To start and finish my 30 day butt challenge( squats,lunges and bridges) (*)
    SW 219
    GW 210
    Try to exercise everyday. (*)
    After finishing my butt challenge will work on a ab challenge (*).
    If this snow ever goes away I would love to walk outside again.

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'd love to set some huge weight loss goal, but life has gotten in the way! I've been diagnosed with breast cancer, and I'm having surgery on March 5th. I have DCIS, Stage 0, thankfully, it's non-invasive. My previous lumpectomies have not cleared it all up, so I'm having the breast removed and then starting reconstruction. I'll be off work for about 4 weeks. I'll have lots of restrictions, but Yay! walking isn't one of them.

I'm resetting my calorie goal to maintenance for the time being. I'm gonna stick with you gals here, as it's very motivating to read when you meet your goals, and it'll make it much easier to find you when I'm cleared for "normal duties!"
  • tress29
    Options
    Yikes! I can't set my goals to maintain, that's 1800 calories! I switched it to a half pound loss per week. 1500 calories is a good middle ground!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    That's tough, tress. I'm sorry you've been going through this. Hugs and my prayers for you.

My mom had a non-invasive kind of breast cancer over 25 years ago, was recommended to get the breast removed, and is doing well. (Or at least none of her health issues are related.)
  • GillaMahogany
    Options
    Oh Wow! Tress! I will pray for you! How scary!

I've got a couple non scale goals during this challenge, which will hopefully help me with the scale goals!
    1: I am going to keep track of my screen time every day. Just on a piece of paper, tracking it for now to see how I could make improvements in the future.
    2: I am going to attempt to reduce, or at the very least pay attention to cheese. So far that's not going very well, but you gotta start somewhere.

Good luck everybody! Don't forget to friend each other and keep in touch!
  • goingforahundred
    Options
    Tress, I am so sorry that you are goint through all that you are. And, I am so glad that it is noninvasive. Thank you for sticking around and sharing in our victories and setbacks. Sending hugs....
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Tress, I'm sorry to ear that. I say, don't bother with weight loss while you need your energy to heal. I'm sending you good vibes.
  • tress29
    Options
    Thanks for all of the good wishes. I'll be "lurking" and celebrating all of your accomplishments!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Tress, are you sure you don't want to try maintenance for a couple months? Seems like it would be a good thing considering recuperation from surgery, etc. Plus, it would be interesting to see if the calculated maintenance really is your maintenance, wouldn't it? Mine I believe is lower. If I wasn't doing 3 challenges (which really help me) I would go on maintenance for a month now. I've been at this for a year and am curious just how much I could eat without gaining.

Kathy

55835802.png
  • tress29
    Options
    I'd eat every extra calorie in Cheetos!
  • goingforahundred
    Options
    Cheetos sound wonderful....the cruncy ones!!! Yummy!