No Excuses

Options
There is a reason that one of my goals is 'No Excuses.' It is because I am the excuse queen. I can come up with an excuse for anything imaginable. And, today is no exception. We have been blessed with a snow day today. My car won't get me to town because of the snow. Which means, no gym. No gym and no work means that I somehow need to find a way to get in 11,000 steps today!! I have plenty of excuses why I can't do it!! I guess we will just have to see how bad I want this, huh? I don't won't to blow my weekly goals on the first day!!!
NO EXCUSES!!!

Replies

• SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If I cant get my steps or my workout goals in for the day I usually try and do a 20-30 home crossfit workout instead. Here is one of my favorite workouts since I dont need weights/bands/lots of room.

crossfit.jpg
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. Here's a source for some more, specifically travel WODs. Some are crazy, some aren't bad: http://www.windycitycrossfit.com/windycitycrossfit/travel-wods.html

Also, there's always just dancing.

And focusing on no excuses is a great attitude!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! One of these days I may be able to do some of the things listed!! I am not sure what my body will allow once I lose more weight. I can't do anything that makes me get out of breath, because I have a heart disease called HOCM. Pretty odd disease.... The more my heart works the more damage is done. So, I can't lift over 20lbs, get out of breath or a few other things. So, while I do have some legitimate excuses for certain things, I try very hard not to take advantage of my illness and use it for an excuse not to do things I know I can do.
    I did get in my steps and exercise yesterday. My nephew drove me into town and I got to go the gym. I am thankful for this. And, I am thankful for this group and the way you guys reach out,encourage and share.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! One of these days I may be able to do some of the things listed!! I am not sure what my body will allow once I lose more weight. I can't do anything that makes me get out of breath, because I have a heart disease called HOCM. Pretty odd disease.... The more my heart works the more damage is done. So, I can't lift over 20lbs, get out of breath or a few other things. So, while I do have some legitimate excuses for certain things, I try very hard not to take advantage of my illness and use it for an excuse not to do things I know I can do.
    I did get in my steps and exercise yesterday. My nephew drove me into town and I got to go the gym. I am thankful for this. And, I am thankful for this group and the way you guys reach out,encourage and share.

Please take it easy. I am sorry for your disease, do what you can. I have several exercise videos and do those when I am stuck inside... But I really love the gym workouts best. I guess the energy level is higher in the classes...
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I do take it easy, I have to because I have kiddos. I usually walk, as fast as I can without getting out of breath. I am hoping that the more weight I lose the more I can do with getting out of breath.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your nephew helped you get to the gym, despite the dastardly snow. And you really have an amazing attitude. You should feel great about your dedication.
  • SilverStormi
    SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I agree dont push yourself. Look online and even youtube has some great exercise videos that you can do from home. Just find something that works with your limitations.

Whats nice about the one I posted is no weights and you get done what you can in the 20 minute period. Even if you can only get through part of the list in the time limit its still better then nothing. I started out going slow and now can get a few rounds in.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    That's a great idea. Here's a source for some more, specifically travel WODs. Some are crazy, some aren't bad: http://www.windycitycrossfit.com/windycitycrossfit/travel-wods.html

Also, there's always just dancing.

And focusing on no excuses is a great attitude!

What a list! I'll sure try some of those (but none of them involving handstand pushups :P ).