2/19 Chinese New Year! Day 4

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
  Happy New Year, Everyone! Wait didn’t the New Year happen over a month ago? Not for the Chinese! Today is the Chinese New Year and with that...the Theme of today’s challenge! The Chinese New Year is basically a big celebration of the new year just like New Years in the US. But unlike the US they like to write good luck poems and wish people good fortune for the upcoming year and Dance! The dragon dances, lion dances....LINE dances.. Now for today’s challenge...

Today’s Challenge: Write a poem of good luck to someone you love and try out a Chinese fitness dance

You can look up dances on YouTube and the like so there is no shortage of tutorials! Also send someone you love a poem or some sort of good wishes will brighten up their day!

Here are a couple links to try out!
Warning they are in Chinese...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EbBHoRgn-Y
This one starts teaching about 3:50 mins in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6oJm2XAo0U

I know that we did a dance on Mardi Gras but enjoy the holiday challenges for what they are because we won't have another holiday challenge until St Patrick's Day...so almost 3 weeks away...When there is a holiday...If I think I can make a challenge out of it I will. When I looked up things done on the Chinese New Year not a few searches a long did I find the Chinese Fitness Dances...I didn't even know they existed! What they originally do is they are an outside exercise with a HUGE group of people. Kind of like Zumba. Only they have been doing this since Confucius! So this is a way to share the fun findings that I get when I look into making the holiday challenges and I hope you guys liked the past couple days! Sorry, but I really wonder if you guys like these challenges or not! Anyway....

Good luck and have a good Chinese New Year!

Replies

• twirlybird
    twirlybird Posts: 6 Member
    I'm new to the group. I like the challenges. There will likely be a few that I don't like. But that doesn't take away from your purpose with this group of providing motivation and keeping the journey to health fresh and fun.
  • Auna37
    Thank you twirlybird! I needed that :smile:
  • jmc1025
    jmc1025 Posts: 16 Member
    Your doing a great job! I'm enjoying the challenges thus far. The challenges really help me to focus my energy and make it fun to work out too.
  • jmc1025
    Here is my poem to you guys. ..

EXERCISE

Exercise is not always fun
    or easy to do
    It's not something you should do alone

Exercise takes time and commitment
    It sometimes makes your body ache too

But just remember... it boils down to...

Experiencing the journey to a health body!
    Xtra boost of energy at those times you need it most!
    Emotional connection to your body's needs!
    Resisting the urge to be motionless!
    Caring about your body inside and out!
    Inspiration for others
    Strengthing your mind and body!
    Enjoying a healthy life!

Have a good day!
  • jmc1025
    jmc1025 wrote: »
    Here is my poem to you guys. ..

EXERCISE

Exercise is not always fun
    or easy to do
    It's not something you should do alone

Exercise takes time and commitment
    It sometimes makes your body ache too

But just remember... it boils down to...

Experiencing the journey to a health body!
    Xtra boost of energy at those times you need it most!
    Emotional connection to your body's needs!
    Resisting the urge to be motionless!
    Caring about your body inside and out!
    Inspiration for others
    Strengthing your mind and body!
    Enjoying a healthy life!

Have a good day! And good luck on your journey to becoming a happier healthier you!
  • Auna37
    That was awesome!
  • shakarawest
    shakarawest Posts: 1 Member
    I'm new to this group so how does this work lol. Do I check in everyday for the daily challenges bc I have no idea lol
  • jmc1025
    Yes our lovely devoted new leader will post a new challenge everyday. After completing the challenge you can post a quick message sharing what you did or how it went if you like. Have fun and your suggestions on new challenges are also welcomed.