kidney stone problems?

Options
harrellap
harrellap Posts: 17 Member
does anyone struggle with kidney stones? I was diagnosed with them in both kidneys and wondering if any other PCOS gals have this issue. My doctor thinks this is related and I am just wondering. I am working on my diet to hopefully resolve this. Any help would be great.

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Huh I hadnt heard that they were related. It will be interesting to see if others have experience with this.

My daughter has PCOS but also has a strong PKD or polycystic kidney disease in her family on her biological dad's side. All the women there also have PCOS and all the women above my daugher's generation have PKD.
  • harrellap
    harrellap Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    interesting. might be worth googling. I did and I know PKD was linked. Some kidney stones were as well. But I am looking to see what others did with this too.
  • heatherface87
    heatherface87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had my first run in with them a week before Christmas but it was determined I was drinking so much water and needed an acid to help break down the junk... so I fix a little tonic of lemon concentrate, apple cider vinegar and water before bed, now my only problem is constant UTIs :p probably from the acid... rofl Always something. But I'm about to switch from drinking cranberry juice daily to the pill form to see if that's more helpful in preventing them.