Travel for work = being forced to eat out. Looking for advice on how to make it work!

Options
rowclic
rowclic Posts: 19 Member
Hi there
I travel for work - usually two to three days away from home weekly. I try and pack as much of my own food for the first day but the other days I find myself struggling to find ways to stay on track and stay low carb. I'm currently not eating any bread, potatoes, pasta ect. Fast food is a nightmare and other than a salad with a grilled chicken breast I feel like I'm stuck. I'm going to try and work on a better list of foods I can pack but they need to be non-perishable.
I would love to hear any suggestions for foods to pack and/or eating out!

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Jerky, grain-free granola, and trail mixes would be good things to look into.

Look into local chains and smaller shops wherever you're at. They are usually more low carb friendly and have higher quality food. Don't forget, you can always take the burger off the bun. :smile:

If you come down into the states, east of the Mississippi, there's a chain of restaurants called Bob Evans. It's a homestyle restaurant, so it serves a lot of different foods. It provides a fair amount of variety for a decent price (about $10-12 USD), including a number of omelets and other breakfast dishes, chicken, beef, salads. They're not all perfect, but most can be pretty easily modified. Similar homestyle restaurants can provide similar selections.