Daily Report 2015-02-20

Options
SRJennings
SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
Good Morning Sirens of SgFyG!

I was a little whiny last night about being a tad hungry. And this morning I wake up to a wonderful weight-loss that makes it all worth while! One of the reasons I didn't dive back into food last night was because I knew I would have to log it into my fitness pal. And potentially have to admit to you guys that I had made bad choices. It just goes to show that the MFP community and this a group can really help us in a concrete way each and every day.

Isabelle- I had never heard of the website HTTP://WWW.doyogawithme.com I appreciate you posting that, I have been using YouTube recordings for my yoga practice but I often find it difficult to find the 'right' video for what I feel like doing at the time. The search engine in the doyogawithme website is awesome!

I will be working out in the basement today due to the extreme cold. I look forward to logging my food intake and monitoring how you guys are doing today and trying the new yoga website.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Replies

• navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Morning. I didn't make the gym last night. -22 with the wind chill. I did walk over 5 miles at work. Plan for tonight to hit the gym no matter how cold it is. Ate a crap breakfast so am planning all my meals for next week and doing food prep this weekend.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I think this group is really great, very inspiring. Since I've joined I want to make healthier choices, instead of feeling like I have to. I want to work out and have started to enjoy it, instead of feeling like it's a chore. I'm excited to stop by and tell you guess about my day or about what I have planned for the day, and see what everyone else has done or is doing each day. I look forward to it. I think that if I had not joined this group I would have probably quit, just gave up cause I didn't think I could do it, but now I see quitting as a bad word. And I think it's terrible that I ever thought it. You guys are all so great, and I'm just really glad I joined this group.

Sorry, I got a little emotional there. I just had to let you guys know how I felt, that I'm proud of ya'll, and I really appreciate all of you and all the support and motivation ya'll bring to this group each day.

Well today I got all my meals planned out, I have a yummy Venison Stew in the crock pot and it smelled so good this morning I almost wanted to eat it for breakfast lol but it wasn't quite ready yet :'( lol. I woke up really sore from yesterdays workout so I didn't do much this morning, but I do plan to work out this afternoon. I'll probably take it easy though, cause my mom wants to have a girls day tomorrow and I plan to do a lot of walking. I'm going to do my best to stay within my calorie goal tomorrow but we'll see.

Good or bad, I'm excited to read about everyones day.

~Kris
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Morning,

I think this group is really great, very inspiring. Since I've joined I want to make healthier choices, instead of feeling like I have to. I want to work out and have started to enjoy it, instead of feeling like it's a chore. I'm excited to stop by and tell you guess about my day or about what I have planned for the day, and see what everyone else has done or is doing each day. I look forward to it. I think that if I had not joined this group I would have probably quit, just gave up cause I didn't think I could do it, but now I see quitting as a bad word. And I think it's terrible that I ever thought it. You guys are all so great, and I'm just really glad I joined this group.

Sorry, I got a little emotional there. I just had to let you guys know how I felt, that I'm proud of ya'll, and I really appreciate all of you and all the support and motivation ya'll bring to this group each day.

AAwwwwwww ! You make me a little emotional to. :'( You know, I wasn't sure about starting a group at first. It's not in my nature to go ahead and do those things. But I did it. And I did it for the exact same reasons you are talking about here. You have no idea how much of a loner I am in day to day life and it's a choice, I appreciate it this way. But when it comes to healthy lifestyle, workout, weight loss. Being in a group really (and I mean REALLY) helps me. Day after day it makes me happy to see how everybody is doing and I'm all excited to come here and tell you what I did. I'm like "hey, I can't let my friends down. So I make the good choice (not skipping workout but skipping that extra snack etc)

I can't stress that enough. Thanks to every single one of you for making this work.

navyjen wrote: »
    Morning. I didn't make the gym last night. -22 with the wind chill. I did walk over 5 miles at work. Plan for tonight to hit the gym no matter how cold it is. Ate a crap breakfast so am planning all my meals for next week and doing food prep this weekend.

Cant wait to see tonight that you made it to the gym. ;) I feel you though it's -30 here with the wind factor ! I'm happy I woukout in my basement.

SRJennings wrote: »

Isabelle- I had never heard of the website HTTP://WWW.doyogawithme.com I appreciate you posting that, I have been using YouTube recordings for my yoga practice but I often find it difficult to find the 'right' video for what I feel like doing at the time. The search engine in the doyogawithme website is awesome!

I'm glad you like it. This website is... a miracle! It's by far the best in my opinion.

Now, for all of you yesterday who were talking about indulging a little. I personally think there is nothing bad about eating "less good" food sometimes. I'm trying to keep in mind that once I reach my goal, I want to keep it that way. So I know I won't stop eating this or that FOREVER... I just find a way to integrate it in my calorie intake. And when I'm gonna be at my goal weight, I will still eat cookies or potatoe chips sometimes. It's all about modaration.

So have a nice day. I'll come back later with my wonderful day acheivements :P :P
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I had a wonderful night's sleep.

Way to go Susan. So nice for a pay off. Sorry you were hungry though. Keep up passing up that extra fast food!

Navyjen -good job on walking to work. I keep telling myself I'm going to do that but don't want to have to get up early enough to accommodate. Maybe when it warms up a bit more.

Kris - love hearing about your day too. Love this group. Try a hot bath soak. It really worked for me while I was on vacation a doing a lot of hiking everyday.

I have already done my strength training this morning and feel great. It is going to be a good day. The guys are outside putting up my greenhouse. Can't wait to come home from work tonight.

Have a wonderful day everyone! I know I am going to.

Alisa

• SRJennings
    SRJennings Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh my! At lunchtime today my husband invited me out to a romantic dinner! Do you all think it might be the 7 pounds? ;)
    Anyway, I guess today will be the day that I eat after 5 o'clock and indulge in my once a week red wine treat!

I am so happy! I need to be able to bottle this feeling and pass it out to all of you so that we can march forward with a strong positive attitude!
  • strongbeanthecat
    Options
    @Mrsallen6_11‌ venison stew sounds GREAT. My in-laws hunt, so we get a freezer full of steaks and summer sausage every visit. What a treat!

@lsabeIIe‌ thank you for all of your encouragement and support : )

We're going to a friend's cabin for the weekend. We're supposed to be skiing and snowboarding, but it's cold enough that the mountain wasn't running the lifts the other night. Either way, it'll be nice to have a weekend away.

I'm not too worried about eating at a deficit this weekend, as long as I log everything I eat. I baked some babka rolls for breakfast tomorrow (like a cinnamon roll, but with a very buttery egg bread and chocolate/cinnamon filling), and you know I'll be eating a few.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I baked some babka rolls for breakfast tomorrow (like a cinnamon roll, but with a very buttery egg bread and chocolate/cinnamon filling), and you know I'll be eating a few.

If there are leftovers, send me some. Those sound awesome. :D
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Today I did only 25 minutes of workout.
    Tonight it's friday and I'm going out! I know I will drink a little but I have some calories left. :D

Good job eveybody !
  • HealthyBella403
    HealthyBella403 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You guys are so inspirational! And @SRJennings‌ you are so right: I keep better track of what I eat because I don't want to let you down. Today I definitely relaxed my diet because it was a carnival day at school. However, it's just once a week and I found that it was easier than I remembered to control my intake of junk food, and was still able to come in under my calorie goal with exercise!
    I don't think I can thank you guys enough for creating this positive community; it really makes me feel like I CAN make a change!
  • rissavanwey
    Options
    Love you guys...hooray for positive peer pressure! I'm out of town for the weekend with spotty cell and Internet but will try to check in on you lovelies and tell you how awesome you are! In case I don't, have a fabulous weekend and stay warm and safe!!

Progress:
    - Was under my cals for the first time this week just about.
    - Day 3 of my challenges is done!
    - didn't hit 10k steps but was also super busy at work.
    - Got a lead from a friend on a job at an awesome hospital, just need to tweak resume to include their key words and hit apply!

TTFN pretty ladies :)
    - Rissa
  • nanavickig
    nanavickig Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Sorry I havent posted this week, I'm just back from a break in Lisbon. I haven't stuck to my diet or exercise goals, but I didn't binge and I did lots of walking and there were LOTS of hills! And I did have a fantastic time! I also managed to finish knitting my granddaughter a hat on the journey home! Now we are back I hope to get back to my healthy eating and exercise goals, a run is planned for this morning!! Wish me luck on staying on track today!! I will report back later how I get on, hopefully that will inspire me to stay strong! X