Mountain biking syncing from Strava?

Options
Hornsby
Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
So I use a Garmin that syncs to Strava. Strava then syncs to MFP. For some reason when Strava syncs a mountain bike ride, the exercise comes in as "leisurely bike ride" or something like that rather than the mountain biking option. Is there a way to fix that? Anyone else having that issue?

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    The narrative in MFP is driven purely and simply by the average speed of the ride from strava. It could be worse, you could have ridden up alpe d'huez and been told that because you'd only averaged 16kph it was a leisure ride.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    haha, true. It's definitely not that big of a deal, but just wanted to check. I guess I can just enter the MTB rides manually.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I ride gravel during offseason/winter. Slower mph, but higher cadence & avg wattage. I get the same output when sync'ing rides from Strava or Garmin Connect to MFP. It would be nice if MFP would ditch the subjective labels like "leisurely" simply because they're not indicative of actual effort. I'm fine with labelling activities per mph (factual).
    MFP does this for other activities - sometimes to humorous effect. I have an MFP friend who has regular calorie expenditures labelled "breastfeeding" in her activity feed. I have no idea what activity she's doing that triggers that (I should ask). I'm pretty sure she's not actually breastfeeding as her only source of cardio for the last several years.