T25 Newbie: SO SORE!!!

Options
Did Day 2 of T25 last night. This morning I am crazy sore! I know that is expected but I'm worried that tonight's workout is going to be a struggle. Walking up and down stairs is a struggle for me at this point. Any tips on dealing with sore muscles? Maybe I need to stretch more afterwards.

Replies

• CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way after the first few workouts (I'm on week 3 right now) - but I found stretching for a bit longer helped. Now I'm not as sore after finishing the workouts. Keep at it, you'll feel better! And if you have to, use Tanya - the modified moves are still effective!
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    One of MFP friends is in week 5 or 6 of T25 and has lost about 17 lbs since starting? Hopefully knowing that helps you keep pushing play. I'm usually pretty sore after the first couple days of a new BeachBody routine but honestly it'll pass in a day or so. The first 3 days are the hardest so just keep pushing play, you'll feel better soon I promise.
  • alavy
    alavy Posts: 2
    Options
    I started T25 last night. I'm a little sore today but honestly not as bad as I thought I would be. Looking forward to today's workout to lose back up!
  • poppysunshine13
    poppysunshine13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness! I'm starting today. ..first time! A bit nervous...hope I'm not too sore tomorrow! @cdlee05‌ It's good to know your friends doing so well...fingers crossed I'll have similar results!
  • mindyscakes
    mindyscakes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how did it go, @poppysunshine13? :)
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow but doing it alongside P90X3 so feeling a little nervous!
  • wildkat28
    wildkat28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Pushed through the first 3 days on insanity. So sore! Thank goodness that went away around day 5, can already feel a difference in my body. Sooo good!
  • SimplyWiaaam
    SimplyWiaaam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I felt really sore too when I did T25 at the beginning.
    I was doing stretching on the weekend (with YouTube videos) and it helped a lot.

If it is the first time you do such intense workout, do your best to feel that you had a workout but don't forget to go at your own pace too, especially at the beginning. If you feel too sore to continue and you have to stop because of it, you will feel demotivated.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will feel better soon :)!