Hiya! new to the group!

Options
Hey everyone!!

I'm new to this group! My name is Aubrie and I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2009 and putting on a kajillion pounds in a short amount of time and numerous failed pregnancy attempts. I did lose 80 pounds a few years ago and was able to get pregnant and have my son, but recently had a miscarriage and am now determined to get my weight back down.

I'm looking for new friends and anyone who wants an accountability buddy!!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will find lots of support and friends here who are or have been where you are. Take a few minutes to read thru some of the posts here and then ask any questions you might have.

I am very sorry about your miscarriage. I had one in September after 5 1/2 years of no BC because of my PCOS, my progesterone was too low to let the little one stick. I am also here to lose weight even tho I really am too old to be a new mom, getting my symptoms under control is a priority.

Welcome to the PCOSis board!
  • sarahyork83
    Options
    I have had several failed attempts at getting pregnant. I am at the end of my road though. My husband has said that he does not want to try much longer. All of our friend's kids are well into school years or even graduated and off to college. I do not want to do medication anymore because of the roller coaster ride the send you on. I don't want to think back in 15 years I never had kids because I couldn't loose the weight. I need all the motivation I can get so please add me!
  • AubrieCollins
    Options
    Nice to meet you both! This is always one of those weird situations because I'm glad people can relate.. But I'm also sad people can relate
  • ohheythatgirl
    ohheythatgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome! So sorry to hear about you mc :(

It took me nearly 2 years to get pregnant, so I can relate to that part of your journey. Feel free to add me! I'm looking to lose weight (also after gaining weight rapidly in a short time) and get healthy for my 1.5 year old and so that getting pregnant again in the future isn't such a struggle.