Nano 4.0 vs. Nike Metcon

Options
Interested to see if anyone has tried both the Nano 4.0 and the new Nike Metcon shoes. I currently have the 3.0s and love them but looking to upgrade in the future. Any difference in comfort, weight or longevity of the shoes? Which one is the biggest bang for your buck when in comes to purchasing them? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I recieved a pair of Nano 4.0s for Christmas and I love them. I think the Metcons look sweet and I plan to buy a pair once they become available again.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    can someone explain the difference between the nano 3's & 4's?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Marketing.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Marketing.

Wish there was a like button
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    We had a competition this summer at our box and one of the WODs was outside in the parking lot involving sled pushing, tire flips (guys) and snatches for girls.

They had to modify the results because so many people could not move the sled. In come cases because they weren't strong enough or had awful form, but in the vast majority of cases because their Nanos 3.0 had slick plastic treads on the toes and had no traction what so ever.

My partner and I finished 3rd because I was able to move the sled like it was weightless and she was pretty good (got suck a few times but not for long)
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    We have 3-4 guys at my gym that have the new Nike Metcons. They love them better than the Nanos. I was told they feel so much better and have a much better fit. I was marriage to Nike before I started Crossfit. I got my first pair of Rebook Sprint TR(s and liked them. I still felt like I was having an affair on Nike, hehehe. Due to my flat feet, I could never sport the Nanos. But now that Nike is stepping up their game, I will probably run home begging for forgiveness soon. 
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    At almost double the price of Nano's - which I think are expensive enough! - I could never justify it anyway
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just saw the new Rich Froning 6:14. They are $194.00, wow. Looks nice but not in my budget at this time.