Return as defective, says Fitbit

Options
Timshel_
Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
I have had issues since day one with my Fitbit and I have been working with their development team to resolve the issues. Taken a bit, but the latest is Fitbit wants me to swap out my unit for a new one to make sure it isn't just some weird defect.

Issues have been:

HR never has gone above 148 bpm even after full 100 meter HIIT sprints. I usually peg around 170 bpm on those.

Having calorie burns over 3600 almost every day, including a few 5000+ calorie days. I mean, i WISH that was the case. :)

misc weirdness.

Will post up the resolve when I get there. All the best.

Replies

• dogonld
    dogonld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :p
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with the calorie burn but there have been many posts on the fitbit site about the hrm and they've come to the conclusion it's not good for high intensity stuff.

I just got my replacement today so haven't had a chance to see if a new charge hr will do the trick.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Hopefully a new one will work for you.

Mine seems to be doing a pretty good job so far with the HR tracking. I haven't tried wearing a HRM chest strap at the same time yet, but what I'm seeing is about what I was getting when using my chest strap (at least it hasn't seemed so wildly out there that I wanted to do a comparison test yet). This is the result of a C25k run I did a little over a week ago (been sick so nothing recent):
    i0iiaw9phmvn.jpg

My calorie burns so far don't seem to be completely wild either. However I won't know how accurate they are until I've had it for a bit longer. I'm thinking April will have given me enough data to look at for that. I did an average of calories consumed vs weight lost for a 3 month time period back at the beginning of January and came up with an average TDEE of around 2600 calories. So far my average with the Surge is 2505 per day, but again it's only been 20 days so I still need more data.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex & a Jawbone UP24. They've both failed & been replaced several times. After all, they're tiny computers I wear on my wrist 24/7. (I only take them off to charge.)

Fitbit customer service is way better than Jawbone's.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Fitbit CS has been great in all the products of their's I've had. I am hoping the exchange will do the trick. I am not looking for spot on accuracy, just being in the ball park like my Force would be great. They shipped the new one today and I should have it ASAP.