I'm Alive and Still Pedaling Along

Options
PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been gone for so long. It's just one of those things. A hard couple of months and keeping to myself felt like the best thing to do. Progress is still good, but slower as I expected (not that I have to like it.... oh to the days it was easy to loose 2lbs a week).

I thought I would check in and let people know of my progress. As of my last weigh in I was 215.4 lbs. So thats a total of ~ 113 lbs lost. So I am still making progress but have a little over 45 lbs still to go. Some days it feels like such a small amount, and other days it feels like far too much (but those are usually 2am thoughts and not me in my right mind).

So progress continues, slowly but surely. I hope to be close to my goal by the end of July. But it doesn't really mattered.

dvtuucz1e2ve.png

But enough with the boring stuff. It's been a while since I have posted about a ride. Mostly because winter and family obligations got in the way. Thankfully winter in drought ridden CA means 70 degree weather, so I can't complain about much. I did have a lovely ride on sunday through Lake Del Valle Reservoir. It was an absolutely beautiful day and fun ride through the rolling hills and steep terrain of the park. I'm not particularly into mountain biking but the park has some wonderful singletrack trails running up and down the hills under the oak groves and along the lake side (unless cows were in the way).

bhela7ct96pz.png

It was 67º, the oak trees were beautiful and the wild flowers were in bloom. I had to walk a couple hills and only drew blood once but it was totally worth it. I thought I would post some pictures.

ct9yc1w9k5jq.jpg
6jqgxc51cr4g.jpg
whr7dvgmo1sa.jpg
x6lzfckqazx4.jpg
labitkg8f2jf.jpg

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    Options
    I've been posting all the images from my rides here if people want to see:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/109260314297746723985/albums/6116256410582666881
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Good gracious Patrick!!! This is absolutely gorgeous. And your progress is amazing. I'm so empowered every single time I read anything from you... The only time any weight ever came off quickly for me was immediately following my divorce, and that was all mental stuff... Best of luck to you as you continue. (hugs)
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that I started following in your footsteps and bought a stationary bike. My view is slightly different from my living room but I am enjoying building my stamina on the bike.

I also miss the weeks of losing 2-3lbs with diet efforts, now it is truly getting into the hard stage of weight loss.
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great job Pat!! Congrats on all the hard work paying off for you! Keep it up and you will be at your goal soon!
  • wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you back! I was starting to get worried you had gotten lost on one of your bike rides. Good job on keeping on track. I don't know why but once I hit the 100 lb lost mark it slowed down ...a lot....like flipping a switch.

I am so jealous of your weather. I went for a ride on my fat tire bike the other day and it was 7 degrees with a wind chill of -15. I had to keep pedaling so I didn't freeze in place.
  • PatrickB_87
    Options
    Wennim, I am thankful too. I would love to ride a fat bike but I would rather keep my warm weather.

It is frustrating how the weight loss dropped off so quickly, not made any better by the difficulty in maintaining my calorie deficit.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Pat, so absolutely amazing photos and progress you are making. I had gastric bypass 1 month ago tomorrow. I found I am losing on average about 3.5 lbs a week. I feel very awesome about that. I hit the gym 4-5 days a week and am doing upper/lower body workouts at home.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Pat. Beautiful photos, glad you are still pedalling away and wow on the weight loss