what have u found that helps keep u on track?

Options
so I'm hoping we can all give each other little tidbits that help make it through the day and help keep us all on track! So for me what has helped is logging my supper first thing in the morning. as soon as i know what im making i put it in the calorie tracker. nothing is worse than getting to supper and realizing u have 200 cals left. also i exercise twice a day. usually 15 minutes each time. i find this easier than trying to do a 30 minute session with little kids. and i don't go hard every time. sometimes i just walk on the treadmill. i do what i feel is sustainable long term. also i always over estimate the calories i ate and underestimate (by about half) the calories i burned. I've been counting calories for years to lose 50lb and am fine tuning myself to lose the last 20! always wondering what people do that helps them!

Replies

• crys_todd
    crys_todd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I pre log the night before. Occasionally things change and I shuffle things around but for the most part I like having my food day all planned out.
    Right now I workout during my baby's nap time. I generally have just enough time for 30 min. on the elliptical, another 20 for strength training and then a quick shower. Oh course now my house is less clean than I like because that hour used to be my cleaning time. Everything is a trade off.
    I'm soooo looking forward to spring when I can load the kids in the stroller and walk with them.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with the pre-logging - I enter as much as I know in advance so that I have some kind of picture of what the day looks like. Bizarrely I also find that being completely honest in my logging helps keep me on track - I was 700+ cals over on Tuesday (bad day!!) but logged them all and it really motivated me to do better on Wednesday.
  • sozzlebot
    Options
    I'm with you guys, I pre log first thing in the morning so that if what I was planning on eating goes drastically over sugar/salt/fat etc I can have a reshuffle and make sure that everything, including calories, comes under or at least right on target. Also drinking lots of water really helps with the hunger pangs!
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I also pre log and edit through the day, as needed. I feel like planning helps me make better choices. Also when I feel unmotivated or in need of encouragement, I read posts on the discussion forums.
  • tanyawv14
    tanyawv14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the prelog idea guys!!!! :-)