Simplify your deadlift

Options
2»

Replies

• mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If you are working out at home can you stack books or something?

Pulling from the rack would work, bit it is technically a little different than pulling from the floor.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    If you are working out at home can you stack books or something?

Pulling from the rack would work, bit it is technically a little different than pulling from the floor.

I've tried different objects @mirrim52 but everything topples over, ugh!

Should also note that I'm using the outside of the power cage. Also when I said easier…meaning that I don't have to stop after every lift and restack, and can concentrate on the lift and not the landing and what’s toppling over...
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    How much higher is the rack set at and can it go any lower? If it's close to the 9" of a 45-lb plate, it should be ok but if it's significantly higher, you're doing a rack pull rather than a deadlift.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    The lowest hole on the outside of the power rack is 10", the hole in the 25# is 8" (which I am using now) so I assumed the 10" should be fine. It's also suggested in Starting Strength, under learning to deadlift (my kindle edition doesn't indicate page #'s, something I'm still having trouble with, really, books need page numbers!).

Having issues posting tonight, not sure if it's the computer or user lol
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    It should be close enough until you get to 135. Of course, once you get to 95, you could stack the plates on top of a 45 of each side which would make it about 9''
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I like that guy's website. Doesn't seem that simple to me, though! So many steps to master. I always feel that because I'm short I can't bend down till my legs touch the bar without having to move the bar close to my body.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    The bar should be pretty close to your body. Over your mid foot is what I heard. You want it close so that you are just pulling it up, not back at all.