looking for friends and accountability also

Options
My name is Liz. I'm a full time student, and mother of 2. I'm currently 177 lbs, doctor said I should be 130. Taking it one pound at a time. Started at 184 lbs on the 11th.

Replies

• caf973
    caf973 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz
    I'm Cath, just had my second baby at the ripe age of 41!! I'm currently 157 and aim to be 123lbs as I'm only 5'1". Started the journey today! Well done on your weight loss and good luck on the remaining pounds...
  • rox4012
    rox4012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz and Cath
    I'm Rox - I'm 9 yo and have two children (5 & 8). I work from my home for my husband. I've lost ~35 pounds over the past year and looking to lose much more in 2015. Lets encourage eachother along the way. I lack in everyday support, too so I know a kind word or timely advice when you are struggling - even from strangers - can be motivating.
  • AJHOPEIT
    AJHOPEIT Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm also on board trying to lose as many pounds as I can. My doctor too told me according to my BMI, I'm obese and need to lose the weight.
    Add me as a friend if you can. I believe we can embark on this journey while keeping each other accountable.
  • janelburgan
    janelburgan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Janel, I have 10 kids ages 19 to 2 1/2 and I have a loooonnng way to go til my goal of 160 (I'm 5'8") and right now I'm at 207 yikes! I've been at this a couple weeks and doing well but I need HELP to stay motivated. .....so easy to get sidetracked when focusing on the kids and work! Nice to read your posts, I know we can DO THIS! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm 30 years older than Rox
  • leomalibbg
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Looking for accountability partners as well. I have 3 children 7, 2 and 6 months. Still breastfeeding but trying to exercise 5-6 times a week. Food is my downfall
  • natnatgorman
    natnatgorman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Natalie and I have an almost 4 month old and a 2 year old...new to MFP and am looking for some accountability! Feel free to add me!
  • lil_lawyer3
    lil_lawyer3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 25 5"2 and a mother of a 6 month old and a 2 year old. I'm looking to loose about 40 lbs. I could really use the encouragement so feel free to add me.
  • jrmcmanus
    jrmcmanus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting a new goal of clean eating and regular exercise. I have a 2.5 yo toddler and work full time. I'm using Fit Girls Guide as my inspiration to start with losing 10 lbs, but more importantly than the number on the scale is that I want to FEEL BETTER! Hope to connect with a good support network here!
  • aeojones
    aeojones Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ashley and I have three kids. They are 5, 3, and 1. I have about 40 lbs to lose and I would love to have some accountability and support from other moms! Feel free to add me :-)
  • maria0644mfp
    maria0644mfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all...I'm 30 with a 7mth old tomorrow and 11yr old! I've lost about 7lbs the past couple weeks and my goal is to get to 160! I am at 190 at the moment....I need help to stay in track. My husband and I walk and run 4 times a weak... I walk while he runs!! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • rghendo
    rghendo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 37, have a 3 yo boy and a 6 mo girl. I have about 35 lbs to go. Please add me if you're interested. I need accountability!
  • nrodeback
    nrodeback Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    leomalibbg wrote: »
    Hi ladies!! Looking for accountability partners as well. I have 3 children 7, 2 and 6 months. Still breastfeeding but trying to exercise 5-6 times a week. Food is my downfall

I feel you need is my downfall too
  • argonzalez4
    argonzalez4 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm 28 I have a 20 month old baby girl, I'm also a full time student, and working part time. I currently weigh 153 my weight goal is 125 but ideal weight goal would be between 118-120. I'm about to start insanity workout for the fourth time tomorrow and hoping i'll stick till the end, I for sure need motivational friends anyone feel free to add me i'm becoming very active here in MFP.
  • valerie1379
    valerie1379 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 33, I have a 13 year old and 5 year old. Both girls. My husband and I both work full time. I weighed just this morning, 150. Started at 154 about 3 weeks ago. My goal weight is 130, but I've been yo-yoing in the 150s, if I could just get to the 140s I would be soooo happy. I also started about 2 weeks ago to train for a 10k. I've been running for a while now, but my friend just asked if I would do this race with her. I decided that is probably the kick in the butt I needed. :smile:
  • sassywolf2013
    sassywolf2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am a full-time mother and currently working full-time. I am wanting to lose about 20# and tone what I have.
  • kgroce4
    kgroce4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 35 with a 3 year old little boy! I was back down to pre pregnancy weight within 6 weeks after his birth due to breastfeeding but once I stopped after 10 months I have gradually gained to my highest ever at 180. I want to get down to the 150s!! I got this!
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, Liz and everyone! My name is Justine, and I'm a full time student, part time worker, and mom of an 8-year old boy. My current weight is 179, and my ideal weight is a muscle-y 145-150. I used to do several bootcamp classes a week through the exercise program at my old job. It was so convenient, and I miss having people poke my abs and say, "Wow..." My health has seriously tanked since quitting that job and returning to school. I want to get A's in my classes *and* have time/motivation to exercise like I used to. My son and I are going to try running together because he wants to build up his stamina before starting soccer in May. I like my tabata interval training for strength training too, but I always have such a hard time just getting started.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tami. I am a mother of 2 ages 11 and 7. I am 31 years old and have 50 pounds to lose as I am 4'10" and started at 157.6. I have lost 6 lbs so far.
  • CaoimheJuliet
    CaoimheJuliet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother of two, 5ft 2in, started at 163lbs two weeks ago, looking to lose 40lbs. Cw is 156. Would be happy to add some friends for support and encouragement.
  • TheWazzer27
    TheWazzer27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother of two, 5ft 2in, started at 163lbs two weeks ago, looking to lose 40lbs. Cw is 156. Would be happy to add some friends for support and encouragement.

Our stats are almost identical! I'm 5'2", started at 162 (well that's the weight I plateaued at after having my baby in February). CW is 155.4 and I'm looking to lose 30 lbs.

I'm the mother of 3, a set of 5 yo twins and a 11wk old.