Calling all Quest bar fans or nonfans

Options
boomerkae
boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
I've recently tried and been adding quest bars to my diet. Occasionally as a meal on the go, or half a bar as a snack.

Late last week, I ended up gaining 3.5 pounds in about 4 days. I hadn't had a BM in a few days, but it just didn't seem right. I'm only 3 months out and otherwise stuck to plan, no cheating.

I didn't have any quest the next day, finally a movement, and did try to get a little more water in. I dropped 3lbs overnight. Yesterday, half a quest, gained half a pound.

So, just curious. Anyone else experience any immediate gains or constipation after eating quest? I've tried searching the internet and so far only found one other person!

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have not experienced either of those problems and I have Q bars a few times per week-- try to keep consumption down though-- I prefer "real" food as much as possible.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I haven't had problems with Quest bars. It could be a coincidence that you didn't have a BM when you ate the Quest bars? I used to have them daily but I stopped eating them so much because like Thaeda, I am trying to stick to more "real" food when possible, but I still like them once in a while.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It could be coincidence, but it's the only thing I found different those days. I too try to stay with real food but if I'm looking low on protein or running I'd grab one/half.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I second Thaeda! I only have one when absolutely needed, low protein that day, on the run, unexpected circumstances etc. Good luck, with it!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love them, sometimes eating two or three a day for a year. But they are expensive. And I am no longer trying to lose. Never had any issues or bathroom changes with them either.

It is a "different" kind of fiber in them though (like 17g which is a LOT of fiber). It is not what you would find in say oatmeal. I forget what the difference is, but I am sure google would fill that information in if you really want to know. Maybe it sits different with different people.

Any time you take in additional fiber you should increase your water intake though... maybe that is the issue? You certainly didnt gain and lose 3+ pounds of fat in a week, so my guess is water weight changes... Drink more water when you eat them and see if that changes things? It will help with the bowel thing anyway too.
    +
    + I would love to stay with "real" food... but that would require me to actually make it... which doesnt happen often :)