Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New member? which episode did you hear? what's your take away?

SultCellar
SultCellar Posts: 10 Member
I started listening around Feb 2014...and had to go back and listen to EVERY one! Compelling stories and thoughtful commentary.

We each have to find our own why and how.

Replies

• freakhazerd2424
    freakhazerd2424 Posts: 611 Member
    I listened to 139. WOW. If you are struggling with the mental side of diet and weight loss. Listen to this. This was maybe the most inspirational thing I've ever heard. I'm going to have to listen to it agian.
  • SultCellar
    SultCellar Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    @freakhazerd2424‌, 139. yes. the battle of mindset.
    140. got to me with "fight for your life"
    and 137...."this" has got to change.
    good stuff!
    :D
  • slomeli79
    slomeli79 Posts: 29 Member
    :smiley:

Thanks! I've interviewed lots of great people who are doing amazing things: http://tipsofthescale.com/podcast-timeline/
  • freakhazerd2424
    SultCellar wrote: »
    @freakhazerd2424‌, 139. yes. the battle of mindset.
    140. got to me with "fight for your life"
    and 137...."this" has got to change.
    good stuff!
    :D

Yea I listened to 140 last night. I keep hearing the same things. Start small and do what works for you. I love it. These have really been inspiring me and lighting the fire in me that's hard to keep going sometimes.
  • freakhazerd2424
    slomeli79 wrote: »
    :smiley:

Thanks! I've interviewed lots of great people who are doing amazing things: http://tipsofthescale.com/podcast-timeline/

You have good regular questions that you ask everyone. But you are also awsome at stopping to focus on something the guest says and keeping it fresh.
  • slomeli79
    Really appreciate that feedback- thank you.

What's been working well (or been challenging) for you in your personal journey?
  • freakhazerd2424
    I'm trying to keep it fresh and mix up what I'm doing every few months to avoid boredom. Also like i hear your guests talk about. Looking at the good things I'm doing rather than focusing on the bad. I'm a truck driver so winter was long hard hours so I have slacked a bit for the last 2 months. But it's ok I'm getting back into consistance and as the weather warms I feel the fire in my soul growing and burning to get me back on track.
  • freakhazerd2424
    Listened to 127 and I couldn't believe the skim milk vs whole milk sugar content he talked about. You said you were going to check it out. Any change becouse of that?

Also did 129. Wow inspiration and I got choked up a bit. That was an awsome interview hearing her passion and energy. Plus the southern drawl was great to listen to.
  • freakhazerd2424
    I have been continue to listen every night at work. I've been listening to 4 or 5 episodes every night. I just finished the 2 part episode 124. Wow I really loved what both of you had to say. Alot of the stuff made me really think and I felt a connection to johnny. The thing that stood out to me most was the social anxiety I have. Also the push and pull weight lifting. I never understood weight lifting that much. But I found a push and pull routine and I love it. Everything about weights just clicked with me. I think it's so simple and primal. Caveman push and caveman pull.
  • slomeli79
    edited March 2015
    Listened to 127 and I couldn't believe the skim milk vs whole milk sugar content he talked about. You said you were going to check it out. Any change becouse of that?

I've found that sugar varies greatly with the brand and type of milk. My family drinks a brand called Lactaid (for the lactose intolerant), which has the same amount of sugar whether we buy Whole, 2%, or Fat-Free. In my experience, it's mostly store brands that have a significant difference between types.

We also drink almond milk, which has zero calories (yeah!), so that's an option as well. A brand called Blue Diamond makes almond milk with creative flavorings like vanilla and coconut. (Coconut is my favorite.)

It's something I always check labels for now, though - particularly for my toddler.
  • slomeli79
    Everything about weights just clicked with me. I think it's so simple and primal. Caveman push and caveman pull.

Yes! I'm glad you clicked with weight lifting. I'm admittedly a little biased, but I think it's one of the most empowering ways to transform your body.

I grew up feeling powerless all the time, and there's definitely an emotional link (for me) between the confidence gained on my weight-loss journey, and the physical strength I've gained.
  • freakhazerd2424
    slomeli79 wrote: »
    Everything about weights just clicked with me. I think it's so simple and primal. Caveman push and caveman pull.

Yes! I'm glad you clicked with weight lifting. I'm admittedly a little biased, but I think it's one of the most empowering ways to transform your body.

I grew up feeling powerless all the time, and there's definitely an emotional link (for me) between the confidence gained on my weight-loss journey, and the physical strength I've gained.

Yea I get that as well. I can do a better job of protecting my family if need be. Also when lifting I love going beast mode and having a place to channel my rage and letting everything out.
  • slomeli79
    That's a good point about exercise in general - there's almost no better stress relief!
  • freakhazerd2424
    I was wondering if there is a tips of the scale shirt available for purchase? I would love to rock it at the gym. Or merchandise like that in the works? Also i remeber in an episode that you were going to do like a subscription thing or something like that for extra episodes? I know your not doing this for the money but your product is great so just looking for ways that I can contribute with the little extra money I do have.
  • slomeli79
    Thanks for asking! I do have some products coming to the site over the next 2 months - tee shirts, wristbands, water bottles, and (hopefully) discounted food scales.

What would you like to see on a tee shirt?:
    1. TipsOfTheScale logo (large or small)
    2. Motivational quote
    3. Motivational image
    4. A combination of the above
    5. Other ___

I'll be sure to announce the products soon as they're available. Are you on the mailing list?
  • freakhazerd2424
    edited April 2015
    I just joined your mailing list.
  • freakhazerd2424
    I would say the logo on the front. Then maybe a motivational quote on the back. Or the back of the shirt be blank.

Just a thought on the color of the shirt. For working out white dosent work. I dont think white is flattering. Anything else is good though. That may just be me though according to my wife I have zero fashion related skills.

For sizes I would think maybe small to extra large.

For the quality I don't know the prices and that your looking at and to make sure it's worth your while or that people would pay for it. But my opinion is it would be worth to charge a little more then get a lower quality shirt. If it's good quality and comfortable people and myself will most definitely put it into there circulation of clothes they wear. If it's lesser quality and uncomfortable and looks not great. Like a bank shirt promotional give away at a sporting event or something like that. People may not want to wear it out.

What ever the case I'm in and I'm sure you will put lots of thought into it and it will be great.
  • slomeli79
    That's really great feedback - thank you!