NO energy and just into my 2nd Trimester

Options
Caletagirl
Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
Does it get any better? I keep reading that the second trimester you get your energy back but does it happen quickly?
From about 12 lunchtime, I get less and less energy. I feel like everything is being drained from me and I am struggling. I keep eating things with sugar but i don't seem to get a kick! Any advice?

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It does! Give it a month or so, and it's normally pretty subtle, but that energy will come back. Make sure though that you're taking your pre-natals to keep your iron levels up! Taking a brief walk throughout the day helps sometimes too.
  • Caletagirl
    Caletagirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh blimey - I am struggling so much. I go out for a walk at lunch and it seems to hit me even more when I am back at work.
    Yes I am taking my pregnancy meds in the morning, drinking loads of water and eating the veg/fruit. But now I am adding as much sugar as I can get in the afternoon. Work doesn't know yet so that makes it harder!
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so different as is every pregnancy. My first to I had hyperemesis and no energy the whole pregnancies. My third I was running 5K's the entire pregancy and ran 3 miles on treadmill 2 days before I delivered. I had an issue with pre-natalsand could not take them. I had to take kids gummies my first 2 and the second I drank shakeology with approval of my doctor. But whatever you do make sure you are getting enough Iron and other vitamins.