what should a 900 to 1000 cal diet consist of recipes and fitness intervention needed

Options
leraejoy
leraejoy Posts: 17 Member
Hi i am about four months out frim surgery and my drs office didnt provide me with any recipes or information on how to divide my cals i cant even get in my fluids i feel stuck

Replies

• Vauxin
    Vauxin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Can't recall the stage 4 months post op is, but it all depends I like to keep 3 main meals and 1-2 snacks depending on calories, say shoot for 200 cals each meal or split it in to more meals if you need to. As far as recipes always remember protein first.
  • Vauxin
    Vauxin Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just found my book, on my plan 36 days is "stage 6" meaning that I can have pretty much all food, but you also need to know your Macros such as protein, fats, and carbs. If you want some ideas you can looks at some members food diary's and see how they eat, feel free to add me if you want and view mine.

1200-1300 calories 100 carbs 40 fats 120+ protein. (everyone is different though)

• loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    At my 3 mo appt I got a weekly sample menu from my clinic. Each day has between 600-760 calories. They never recommend over 1000 calories unless the person is intensely working out. Each meal has about 2 oz of protein & veggie, and then some have a little starch and some have a little fruit. Every day they have 2 cups of milk w/some protein powder mixed in. In total, they have the protein count between 65-73g.
  • candicevaughn
    candicevaughn Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I look at friends diaries also to get ideas. I eat about 1000 calories a day 6 months out and it's a good amount of food when you're eating the right things. I eat a lot of fish and diary. I use sugar free everything such as ketchup and creamer. Sugar makes me sick as a dog most times. For me, starches like rice and potato completely stopped my weight loss so I avoid them like plague now. I had a hard time with fluids until recently. Water makes me nauseous so I drink crystal light and decaf coffee with stevia and sugar free, fat free creamer. I started thinking of them as my treats. I also stopped thinking of the number of cups the doctor told me to have and I drink the amount I feel good drinking. Take your vitamins and remember there is no book or guideline for your personal body. If it makes you feel good, eat it. If it makes you feel bad, avoid it.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    You can add me as friend if you want. I average about 1000. Sometimes less (like these past few days - not feeling good so didn't work out) and sometimes more. For the most part my calories are pretty evenly distributed between 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. I try to sip all day (I don't log my water since I know it isn't an issue for me). Try drinks you like: flavored water, fruit infused water, decaf tea, jello etc.